Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Brian Cashman says 2007 Yankees were better than the 2008 Yankees.?

AND the BoSox are the team to beat.

Source: John Heyman, Sports Illustrated senior writer as told on Mike and the Mad Dog

Any comments?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok ,Well if this is what Cashmen said(and i belive you) if the yankees don't make the WS,BYE BYE Cashman.After all? it was Cashman who didn't want Santana.To make a statement like that when the season hasn't even begun is just stupidy.

• 1 decade ago

Well he's right about about saying the Red Sox are the team to beat. They won they World Series so obviously they were the best last year and are coming back with pretty much the same team again.

As for whether or not the 2007 Yankees are better then the 2008 Yankees, I think we need to wait until the season starts before we can really determine that one.

• 1 decade ago

I agree

they lost one of the best coaches they have ever had. They have the whole Roger Clemens deal lingering because they have Pettite. Andy also held them from getting Santana. They havent gained anything to really help them out. the Red Sox are the team to beat not just because they are defending champs but they have Buchholz up as a permanent starter and another youngster in Lester who went 4-0 last season. They have 2 pitchers with 15+ wins in Dice-k and Beckett and then Wake who got 12. They should be fine without Schilling for a bit. They also added Sean Casey to back up Kevin Youkilis. If any in the lineup gets hurt Youk can move to that position because he is versatile and Casey can take over at 1st. Last but not least with Jacoby Ellsbury nothing but ready for the big leagues they are going to trade away Coco Crisp to get some relief pitching.

• 1 decade ago

It doesn't really matter what Cash says. He knows that there is tremendous pressure on the Yankees to win every year. I suspect that he is trying to deflect some of that pressure, because it has caused certain players to wilt at times. And why not put that pressure back on your biggest rival, the Sox. Ultimately though, I think there may be more question marks for the Yankees this year than there was for them last spring, but whether they are better or worse has yet to be determined.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cashman is just being modest. While at the same time putting the bullseye on the Red Sux chest so teams can bring their A game against Boston.

• 1 decade ago

just curious how the 07 Yankees can be better than the 08 Yankees if the 08 season hasn't even started yet???

and obviously the defending champs are the team to beat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah they were they had alot of good players now they lost some players and they getting old and a-rod had a hell of a year and joe torre left the yanks but we will have to see this yrs yanks

• 1 decade ago

Well the only thing i can say is we will have to wait and see

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

.........so Cashman doesn't think they'll make the playoffs either. Well, at least I'm not the only one this year!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.