Immigration Law.?

Do you think there will be a law that legalizes immigrants who have been here for over 10 or 20 years?

Update:

What if a kid came to the US when he was a little kid and now he suffers to get a job, or go to school, and even have a normal life with his wife. Don't you think he deserves it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that it will depend on who becomes our next president. Both Hilary Clinton and Barrock Obama are for legalizing the illegal immigrants. If you havent broken any laws or anything then i think you have a good chance of becoming legal now. You would need some kind of documentation that proves that you have been here for that long.

• 1 decade ago

There is no law that legalizes a person for just residing in the US illegally even if they lived here all their life which in your case is 20 years.

The USA has a process that is an established law that needs to be followed, no exceptions. If you don't follow the law, you are a law breaker and in this case, you should be exported because you are here illegally, regardless of how you came to be here.

Source(s): It sucks to be you. Your parents made a bad choice in coming here illegally and you inhereted their mistake. You need to go back to your home country. If you continue to live here illegally, you will always be looking over your shoulder wondering if the ICE-man is coming. Since Bush signed into law Illegal immigration reform, the ICE budget has more then doubled and so have the number of agents. I going to bet on the Good Old USA... sooner or later Uncle Sam is going to get you and send you back to where you belong. My suggestion... join the military.... I don't know anyone who will refuse you citizenship if you serve our country for 7 years. Good luck... your going to need it.
  • 1 decade ago

Illegal aliens must be deported. Those who have NOT committed crimes (other than their continued illegal presence in our country) AND who have been working contributors to our society should be offered the opportunity of citizenship provided that they can pass the citizenship test.

• 1 decade ago

There are processes and protocol for a reason, they need to follow just like anyone else. That just means they have habitually been breaking the law!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, in the next few years I suppose. It's about time!

• 1 decade ago

I hope so. They need to come out of the shadows.

• 1 decade ago

I hope not, stand in liine just like every one else!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.