Infant with reflux- choking at night. What to do?

My baby is a month old and has been choking at night due to reflux since she was a week old. We ended up in the ER at one point and they admitted her for 4 days to do tests to make sure it wasn't something more serious. (everything was fine other than that she has reflux and a milk allergy) She sleeps on a... show more My baby is a month old and has been choking at night due to reflux since she was a week old. We ended up in the ER at one point and they admitted her for 4 days to do tests to make sure it wasn't something more serious. (everything was fine other than that she has reflux and a milk allergy)
She sleeps on a Tucker Wedge/sling so she is practically standing up at night, but still chokes, refluxes, grunts, etc. most of the night. I am at a point now where I don't sleep at all- ever. I can barely take care of her (or my older child) due to exhaustion.
What I want to know is- should I just try to sleep through it and assume that she is going to be ok, or do I need to grab her and hold her (or let her sleep on me) every time the reflux comes up? The GI Dr told me in the hospital that she won't suffocate or die if the choking happens and that I can pat her on the back but she should be able to clear it. He was very non nonchalant about it. But that just seems crazy to me. Help!
Update: thanks. she is on the max dose of pepcid for her size. but it has only been 2 weeks so may not have fully kicked in yet.