Anonymous

Where did British people come from?

We all know americans came about when british people settled in america. but how did british people come about? i heard somewhere danish and french people settled in england and that's how it happened?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

JieXu is partly correct.

The Britons (the Celts, Scots and Picts) were here 'first'. Then the Romans came. After them came the Angles and Saxons from Germany, and the Jutes from Denmark. Then, around 1000CE we had the invasions from the Vikings. The Danes then re-invaded creating the danelaw - East Anglia and most of the eastern counties up to the scottish border. The Normans came next from France (although they were originally vikings - the name Norman comes from norse men, people from Norway). Since then we have had an influx from all over the world, creating the english people we have today.

• 4 years ago

Where Are British People From

• 1 decade ago

True, the Vikings and the French successively invaded England (793 AD and 1066 AD).

Before that, the Angles and the Saxons (two Germanic tribes) had occupied England. The Angles gave its name to England (land of the Angles).

And before that, the Romans had occupied England until 410 AD.

• 4 years ago

pay attention my little ones and you shall pay attention the midnight experience of Paul Revere on the eighteenth of april of 75, hardly a guy is now alive who recollects this well known day and 3 hundred and sixty 5 days he pronounced to his pal, if the British march by using land or sea interior the city this night dangle a lantern aloft the belfry arch of the north church tower as a sign gentle one if by using land 2 if by using sea i on the alternative shore would be waiting to experience and unfold the alarm by each and every middlesex village and farm for each u . s . persons to be up and to arm..... haha have faith it or no longer, this I even have memorized because of the fact 5th grade, Paul Revere's experience written by using Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. The poem does not end there, there remains lots greater to bypass yet i'm too lazy to seek for something

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Scots, Devons, Cornish, Irish and Welsh are usually Celtic. They have similar ancestry as Gauls of France and Castilians in Spain. Although, over a period of time they got mixed with Anglo-Saxons and today, very few have pure Celtic ancestry.

The remaining English are a mixture of mostly Anglo-Saxons (from Germany) and Nordic Vikings (Danes, Norwegians)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You mean England....Great Britain was a term created in 1707:

"Bones and flint tools found in Norfolk and Suffolk show that Homo erectus lived in what is now England about 700,000 years ago.": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

• 5 years ago

Its in your dna all people come out of africa check for ur self and dont b mad at the truth

• 1 decade ago

Africa...I know the racist will come out of the woodwork, but that's where all man originated!! Denial is ignorance!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Now I'm confused! I wonder where the French and Danes emanated?!

Listen! Whether you want to hear it or not, all men came from the One God and He dispersed all people across the earth, giving them different languages. He made nations to dwell on the earth.

Source(s): Read the Holy Bible (Basic Information Before Leaving Earth) with particular attention to the Tower of Babel. 'Babel' means in modern language 'babble'. He confused their tongues so they seemed to be babbling to others who did not understand what they were saying.
  • 1 decade ago

some say they came from another Galaxy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.