Latin "bellus per natura" translation?

Can someone give me the translation for this latin Phrase. I was told it meant Beautiful by Nature is this correct and if not what is the correct way to say Beautiful by Nature in Latin???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I looked up "bellus" and found that it meant "pretty, handsome, charming, pleasant, agreeable, polite; nice, fine, excellent". These sound more like "attractive" and would apply more to a person than a place.

I would render "beautiful by nature" as "naturaliter pulcher" or "naturaliter formosus". These are the masculine singular forms. The feminine singular forms are "naturaliter pulchra" and "naturaliter formosa".

"Per natura" means "for nature" and should, in any case, be "per naturam".

By the way, "beautiful by nature" is the slogan for the Turks and Caicos Islands!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Natural beauty.

• 1 decade ago

Beauty through nature

or

Beautiful by Nature

something like that.

• Vahe
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Beauty by nature

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, it would normally be "bellus natura" for something masculine - "bella natura" for something feminine. I would tend to use pulcher/pulchra instead of bellus too. "Per natura" is grammatically incorrect - if you did use "per" it would have to be "per naturam." "Per" can mean "by" in this sense, but it's not a common usage in this type of expression.

• I think it means All natural beauty.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

beauty by nature

and /or

You (was born beautiful)

all natural beauty ...natura est totalem bellus

and /or

the rest of the world(looks good)

• beautiful very nature/ all natural beauty/ very beautiful nature/ nature is very beautiful

there are a few different translations as you see

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bello por naturaleza

(beatifull because/by nature)

• 1 decade ago

uh-oh. i think it means "bella is in her birthday suit"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.