Murdock asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Is Bill Parcells doing the right thing by bringing in Ryan Leaf to compete for the starting QB job in Miami???

Apparently Bill Parcells has watched old videos of Ryan Leaf and his arm strength and believes Leaf possesses a few Dan Marino type attributes. Parcells isn't quite sold on any of the QBs in the draft and says he'd like to either trade the 1st pick or draft a deep-threat WR to provide a target for Leaf. Joey Porter has given Parcells his full endorsement in bringing Leaf in as well. I think Ryan Leaf would do alright in Miami with his ability to throw the deep ball, especially with speedy receivers like Ted Ginn Jr..

Favorite Answer

Wow, Ryan Leaf....He would be better off bringing in Uncle Rico

• Escape

This is funny. Thank you for the laugh. I haven't heard this, so I'm thinking this has to be a joke right? I'm a big Fins fan, so please tell me this is a joke. When it comes to the Fins I'm an optimist, but if there is any truth to this then things in Miami would only get worst. With Leaf in at QB Miami would not improve from the 1-15, but instead go 0-16. Trading down out of the first pick would be smart of Parcells, but having anything to do with Leaf would be stupid. I can't imagine someone who is as knowledgeable as Parcells would really do this. In conclusion, Thank you for this hilarious post.

Ryan Leaf has an awesome arm. The question isn't that. It's his decision making ability. If they are going to bomb it I don't see a problem with it. But on the 3step drop and dump plays he's going to be intercepted. Not to mention his Oline isn't that great. Dolphins will have a losing record again this year. 6-10 tops.

LMAO!!! Ryan Leaf is coming out with a movie on how big of a bust he was! I would love to see him make a come back and prove everyone wrong, but I don't think he would even be able to do that at the high school level now!

Come to RootZoo for the best sports talk online and more. Head on over there and ask this question for the best responses within seconds. All free and you'll love it.

Use this link to get there:

http://www.rootzoo.com/users/register/

.

He would do better by drafting his younger brother Brady Leaf, Oregon Ducks. He could probably get him in the 7th round of the upcoming draft or as an undrafted free agent.

Ryan Leaf is a joke without the punch line.

I don't think Leaf will be able to knock Jeff George out of the starting spot. He might have a chance, though, to displace Art Schlicter as the backup.

• ryan does have a cannon. no mobility, which is the deathnail of every qb i've ever seen besides the great one Dan the Man , and you couldn't catch tarkington. If the line inproves watch for ryan to do well.

Sadly I'd honestly think Leaf COULD compete, even with the weakened arm from his injury.

Ryan Leaf will be the best quarterback in the history of the franchise.

Even better than that guy who used to play for them that never won the big game...

what was his name...?

Dan Marinelli? Marinara? Marina?