Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

How do I quit smoking cigarettes and marijuana?

I've been smoking cigarettes and marijuana for 8 years now. I took up running about 4 years ago and ran in a lot of races from 5K to half marathon. While I was running a lot, I was still smoking cigs and marys but running helped me smoke a lot less. Then I quit running regularly two years ago. I still do run but not very often, maybe one to three times a month. Every time I try to go a day or two without marijuana, I get so nervous and I go get some to calm my mind. I've gone a week without it but still go back to use. While I'm smoking or not smoking marijuana i'm smoking cigs. How do I stop smoking all together? I don't like what it does to my health. Help please. It's so hard to stop. I feel like a prisoner of my own mind and body.

Best Answer

I quit smoking by using hypnosis. Took two sessions. Doesn't work for everyone but I can't actually smoke a cig without it tasting disgusting that was what the hypnosis did. Some people argue that cigarettes always taste bad if you haven't had one for a while but to me they always tasted great... now its like licking an ashtray.

If you cant do that have you tried reading the Alan Carr book on quitting?

Also these days you can go to the doctors. Theres a couple of drugs that can help, used to be call Zyban but it maybe something new now... or he can prescribe patches.

• Ruth

Natural Quit Smoking Magic

Zyban is a great prescription during that will help make you not want to smoke. Once you are past the actual addiction to nicotine (a week or so) the rest is all habit, it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Try chewing gum or a piece of candy when you get the urge to smoke.

I've also known people to use a large rubber-band around their wrist that they 'pop' when they get the urge to smoke. Or you can eat a banana pepper, which is supposed to make cigarettes taste AWFUL if you smoke after eating one.

Good luck!

• Winni

quit smoking cigarettes marijuana

Discover How To Quit Smoking : http://Go.QuitSmokingMagics.com

I can help you with the cigarette part....consider this link: the article is written by a pharmacist and gives the best options available to help you quit smoking......

http://www.freemedhelp.org/quitsmoking.html

Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.

• Wendy

just make sure you dont stop eating. and try working out to releive stress