Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Losing weight quickly?

We all know that losing weight slowly and surely is the best and healthiest way to do it, and the way to keep it off... But it seems to me that the way to lose weight slowly is also the way to lose weight quickly:-

'Eat sensibly and exercise' seems to be the answer to both.

Is this losing weight 'quickly' and 'slowly' thing just an illusion? No matter what you do, will it always be slow? What is the quick way compared to the slow way?

I am not sure why I am asking this, I guess it jut flared my curiosity!

Favorite Answer

I am very surprised at all the advice people seem to give when they can't even spell the word "calories". Don't take anyone's advice on a subject when they can't even spell what they are talking about. People learn good information by attending school and by listening to people who have an educated background. Everyone's metabolism is different; what works for one person doesn't always work for the rest. Yes, the consensus is that "exercise" (not ecercise as noted in the above answer) and a sensible diet are key, but you take two people on the same well-balanced program and one may lose weight at a different rate than the other. The reason for this may be the difference in muscle mass between the two people since muscle burns more calories. And the person who said that when you raise your metabolism you burn more calories is absolutely correct; you burn more just by sitting than a person doing the same sedentary activity who has a slower metabolic rate. So the answer to your question.... "quickly and slowly thing just an illusion?" Far from it. It depends on how you have treated yourself and your heath in the PAST. Some people who starve themselves and exercise regularly may not lose much weight simply because their bodies think there isn't enough food available and will slow their metabolism to a crawl in order to conserve what energy it has for SURVIVAL; it has no way of really knowing that there IS food available...its just not being fed. So the obviously quick way of starving may not produce the same results in a person who may be crash dieting for the first time. They probably would loose weight quickly since the body has not been "prepared" for it.

In essence, in order to boost your metabolism you need to exercise (cardio, helps take off the weight and building muscle mass helps burn calories when you are not exercising). But how fast or slow you loose that weight is based on an individual level, even more so if you include the complicated issue of genetics...

the quick way would be to start some fad diet which u may only gain the weight back over a number of years. the "slow" way is to eat sensibly and ecercise. if your eating a lot of refined sugars like soda, candy, bread, and pasta. cut out the soda completely and cut back on the rest then u should lose a few pounds. also eating right instead of junk foods can help because there are less callories involved. eating less callories can also help u lose weight. if u keep motivated then u will lose weight its up to u to determine how quicly u want to lose it.

i lost 40 pounds in 3 years and still keeping it off.

I would suggest trying cleansing your body. I found cleansing to be the best weight loss program. I have ever tried. I lost 12 pounds in a week and 29 pounds in a month. I feel better since I removed the toxins from my body and shed some unwanted pounds. I did weight watchers, Jenny Craig and Medifast. I found that cleansing was the best since I saw results quickly and that kept me motivated to stick on the program. You can get info toll free at 1-877-587-4647 or online at http://diet4cleansing.tripod.com

A good friend of mine with a lot of weight to loose went on a very strict diet (I think it was 1500 calories/day,) and didn't loose a thing for two weeks. I said, don't worry, it is water retention, drink plenty of water, and some day soon the scale will drop 5 pounds, and you will know you didn't loose it overnight, but your last weeks of work will be finally paying off. And it did. In case of threatened health, where you need to loose weight fast, a juice fast, with supplements in vitamins and minerals can get you off to a faster start.

People who exercise regularly not only lose weight faster, they are more successful at keeping it off. Not only does the exercise itself burn calories, but your body will continue to burn calories at a higher rate even after you're done exercising.Check out http://use-weightloss.blogspot.com/ for all info regarding weight loss.

Don t go back to old eating habits even after you lose weight

Try to get more information on dieting, weight loss articles, health and fitness articles, weight loss forum and BMI calculator at my profile and get the advise from them to lose weight fast and healthy.

Try yoga to lose weight

Eat fewer calories than you burn to lose weight

combine exercise and diet