Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

christians, why u choose christianity?

i see many christians here. i' learning right now

L.C. , why not here? many christians here....

• Favorite Answer

For several reasons.

1) It is the one I grew up in... then wandered from.

2) When I started looking at the reliability of the Bible I found out I had been fed alot of garbage and the Bible was very reliable. It was actually a book on archaeology that I would say started me on the road back.

3) It is the only one that talks about the darkness of the heart and has a reason and a solution for it.

4) The evidence I could see in lives that were changed.

5) When I looked I could see God's hand on my life taking me places I maybe didn't want to go but it turned out for the better.

6) Jesus said that as he was hated so the world would hate Christians. As an example I never mentioned God but wear a small cross and at a company lunch the one guy saw it and then went into a tirade of profanity etc. and insults to Christianity. I think what got him even more upset was that I just looked at him and wouldn't match his profanity and insults etc. He then spent the rest of the lunch telling obscene jokes or telling stories of how he got women drunk and got them to do disgusting sexual things with him... ie. he was a pervert and liked it.

7) I have read the Qu'ran and looked at other religions and it is only through faith in God and his son Jesus that there is hope and salvation. Most other religions say that man is good and can reach heaven, nirvana, moksha, etc. by his own actions, secret knowledge etc.. I just can't see this as true, only Jesus provided God's forgiveness and hope of salvation. Besides the New Testament was written by many witnesses and they were willing to die proclaiming Jesus as the Messiah.

8) When you look at Isaiah (v. 53 for example)and other books in the Bible that prophecy the Messiah it could only be Jesus.

I enjoy learning the Bible and other texts about the Bible and early Church history, etc. and have found these a good books.

Mere Christianity

http://www.cslewisclassics.com/books/mere_christia...

The Case for the real Jesus

http://bookstore.fotf.ca/default.aspx?prodid=C0052...

The Case for the Real Jesus - Lee Strobel

http://resources.family.org/product/p00729b+the+ca...

Jesus Among other Gods - Ravi Zacharias

http://shop3.gospelcom.net/epages/rzim.storefront/...

God Bless and keep learning... it seems the more I learn the more there is to learn!

Todd

Honestly, most Christians are so because of their childhood background. Most of us were raised in a Christian church and chose to assume the beliefs with which we were raised.

However, it is within this system that we experience God. For a variety of reasons, at some point most of us decide to try to find our Creator. And in a totally inexplicable, mysterious way, we believe our Creator responds.

We find in the study of the life, teachings, claims and methods of Jesus, a way of living that is simply better than anything else. Unfortunately, many people use His teachings out of context, either for selfish or uneducated reasons. But that will not detract from those of us who find His way is the best possible way to live.

It is a way of peace, love, purpose and improvement. There are many who will speak of forgiveness for sin, heaven, hell, etc. But a close look at scripture will prove that these are secondary issues. The most significant issue is simply this: love. And the deepest experiences of love help us achieve an existence that makes us stand in awe and say "this life is most certainly worth living."

God's grace, which is a free, unearned **gift** from God.

(Ephesians 2:8, 3:7) No amount of "good works" alone will ever get you into heaven.

The concept that God, because He loved us so much, came down to earth and actually became one of us, and died to atone for our sins, so that we may have eternal life (John 3:16)

The belief that God is *a personal God*, a God that knows you by name, and that knew you and who you would become even before one day of your life was ever lived. (Psalm 139:16)

The idea that no matter how sinful we are, no matter how often we stumble and fall, God still loves and forgives us anyway. (Ephesians 1:7)

The promise that if we accept Jesus Christ as our savior and Lord, repent, and are born anew, and live accordingly, all of our past transgressions will be wiped clean as though they never existed. (Romans 8:1-2)

Source(s): The Holy Bible

Christianity is not just a religion...it is a relationship with the One who created all things. Whether you believe it or not, in the end of life you will end up in one of two places...Heaven or Hell and the only way to avoid hell is to believe that Jesus Christ is God's Son and that He died on a cross for mine and your sins and that He was burried and rose again. If you want more proof...get a Bible and read all of John and Romans.

Jesus is the only REAL and the only TRUTH in religion. The Lord draws us to Him. You are being drawn to Him at this very moment.

Jesus didn't come to set up a religion, but a kingdom. He is coming again to rule and reign with us.

Jesus said, "no greater love has any man than he lay down his life for a friend."

Jesus loved us so much that He went to the Cross of Calvary was crucified, died and resurrected so we could be forgiven of our sins and have eternal life with Him. No greater love has any one ever shown. Just the thought of Him taking the sins of the entire world upon Himself for us is enough to dedicate your life to Him.

Only Christ could do, what Christ did on that old Cross.

Praise His Holy Name, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

• Cybeq

It makes the most sense to me. Once you realize how many prophecies Christ fulfilled it makes choosing Christianity a lot easier. I also liked the logic in the book "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis.

Because my heart had questions and more questions and as the Gospel of Jesus was revealed to me, I began to have peace in my sould that can only be described as comfort from the Holy Ghost. When I accpeted Jesus as my Savior I was exceedingly glad and have never felt seperated from God since. As an adult I find no reason to put my faith in anything other than God, and his Word.

its not because we were born Christians for me i grew up iv noticed many other religions but at the end i found that Christianity is my religion i was free to go n explore but again i found love, forgiveness n true god n true father in Christianity plus the best things is in our religion is that ur free to read n know n meet ppl from other religions theres no forcing theres only one thing n its to open ur heart to Jesus so he can come in to u n god bless all

• C

I was born a Protestant Christian, spent 20 years studying other faiths, and became a Catholic Christian. It has been quite a ride!

Good luck and may God Bless your search!

Peace!

• L.C.

This is not necessarily the best place to learn. I would recommend visiting a Christian church and visiting with a pastor if you are truly interested in learning the Christian faith.