Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

bare minerals?

well you see, i have been wanting to try bare minerals but am not sure how it would work on my, my skin isn't the best, i have some blatches most of the time on my face and my skin tone is very uneven on my face. I want to try it but i am afraid that without foundation it wont be enough coverage for me and i dont want to spend that much if it isnt going to work. please tell me if you have it and have the same problem how it works for you...

Favorite Answer

I wear bare minerals and I can tell you that I will be a buyer for life. I had the same concerns you did, as I have uneven skin tones and my nose get's really dry looking with powder makeup so I've never been able to wear powder for that reason. Bare Minerals stays on your face ALL day, it doesn't sweat off or start to look shitty looking by the end of the day. Once I saw what it did for my face, I bought 3 more and stocked up. All my acne cleared up and I generally felt better about myself. Using bare minerals, you don't use your hands or a sponge, which means your not rubbing in gross bacteria all over your face everyday. It does take some technique when applying but it pretty much self explanitory. I would highly reccomend it PLUS one container lasts A LONG TIME!!

I thought the same thing before trying bare minerals, but I tried it anyway and I'll never put anything else on my face again! The coverage is amazing and it doesn't give your face that heavy makeup feel that liquid foundation does. I have a pretty uneven skin tone with a few blemishes every now and then and it covers everything really well. Best of all, it doesn't give your face that greasy, caked on makeup look. I'm sure you've seen the infomercials and know that it's all natural ingrediants so your complexion actually improves (at least mine did) when you start using it cause your not putting all those chemicals on your face to cover breakouts that make your face breakout even more! I would recomend it to anyone. I've got all my friends hooked on it. The first time you order, they will send you a video on how to apply it. It's kind of cheezy, but take a look at it they have some good pointers. Try it, it works!

Oh, and I'm not getting paid to endorse them or anything lol, I just really love it that much! :-)

Definitely go in to Sephora or Ulta, you can have them do a demo on your face for you for free. Then you will not only be able to see how it looks, but get a good idea of how to apply it, and figure out what your shade is. Plus, believe me, you will be THRILLED with how it looks, it is so gorgeous! You'll feel fantastic wearing it around all day. :D It will definitely cover any blotchiness - they also have a more pigmented powder that is a concealer, that will help if needed. I have LOTS of post-acne scars all over my face, but when I had them do a demo on me, I looked like an airbrushed supermodel!! I'm just using up the rest of the foundation I have before I go in and buy my own Bare Escentuals. Also, it is quite an initial sum of money for such a small-seeming jar of it, but I tell you what, that stuff lasts forever!!! My sister-in-law-to-be has it, and I can't even tell you how long it has lasted her... she lost count! And you don't have to worry about it going bad or anything either. The only thing with this makeup is some people's skin is easily irritated by the bismuth oxychloride, which is what gives it its beautiful sheen. But this is not that common, and if it doesn't happen to you, all the other benefits of it make it a godsend, if you ask me. Definitely try it out, you've got nothing to lose!

I couldn't live without it. :]

I'm 13 years old, I've got acne prone skin that's both oily AND dry, and sensitive, if that tells you anything.

I'd definately recommend at least trying them out. If you don't like the products, they have a really great return policy, and you're never stuck with something you don't like, want, or can't use.

All of their products are extremely buildable, so if you want a little covereage in certain areas and more in others, you can definately do that. I'd suggest getting the foundation in your skin tone, a max coverage face brush, kabuki brush, and the mineral veil. You will also want to get a foundation primer, like one from smashbox, or Laura Mercier, it'll work as a spackle for your skin, filling in imperfections and making your skin a better 'canvas' for your makeup. :]

Best of luck!

• Invest in the mineral veil by bare minerals, it's a great place to start, just make sure you have that - that's all you need - just swoosh it on and presto, don't need makeup- then you just leave as is or do whatever you think you still need - play around with the other stuff and see what works for you, I don't like the foundation

chanel has amazing coverup

dr. denese has amazing coverup sticks that fix the skin while it's on

Source(s): www.phataway.com

Well, I have tried Bare Minerals and it just didn't do it for me, the coverage was uneven and made my face break out. My friend owns the company PureLuxe Cosmetics she has an online website, she mixed batches up for me and I really really really love it, the coverage is great, and it feels as if I haven't even put on any makeup that morning, once I put it on I do not have to reapply at all, during the day.

• the people who love it are right

it is great product

like they say go to your local sephora at your local mall if you have one or bare minerals store and they will let you try it out

just go in with clean bare skin no make up and they will give you make over with it and there are starter kits which i bought which was the wrong color for me but at lest i gotta the brushes all together

i have had it for couple of years now and i love it

it is bit messy but it is great make up

a lot of people don't think I'm wearing any make up at all

and frankly since i had the make up i haven't had in triple header zits that is zit with three heads one on top of another then another and just like the other poster i have some zits and combo/oily skin

i have uneven skin, a lot of red and it covers it well!

my only thing is for my real red little blemishess it works to cover up but bc my face is dry it doesnt work as well, but i have a conclear stick not and i use that under and the power on top to even, looks and feels great.

• bmi=22

There are various versions of this make-up out there now. I bought the kind they sell at Sephora. While I loved the way it made putting on make-up less of a chore, and it covers as about as well as foundation, it made by skin break out, so I stopped using it.

• Jenn

I have been using it for a few years now and love it! I have some real ugly sun spots on my face and the make up covers them up real good.

My teenage daughter is on Pro Active and uses the make up too. It has not caused her any more of a problem in fact she uses the Pro active less now.