who will you vote/voted for and why?

or who will you NOT vote for and why NOT?

Please don't give someone a thumbs down just because you don't agree with their opinion. Only if you know they're being extremely bias or deceitful.

Favorite Answer

John McCain is my candidate. I believe that if he had been elected eight years ago, America would not be facing many of the problems it has today.

He should be the choice for America for both ideological and pragmatic reasons. The man is socially conservative, but a freethinker as well--he has called the Federal Marriage Amendment an un-Republican encroachment on state's rights, for example. He has also shown a remarkable willingness to back down from his mistakes and do the right thing. The single event that crystallizes John McCain's appeal as a candidate, for me, is his position on the Confederate flag in South Carolina. He initially supported it eight years ago--but then criticized himself harshly for doing so, calling it a "sacrifice of principle for personal ambition." His renewed opposition to the Confederate flag, a hot issue at the time, may have cost him the 2000 South Carolina primary and given George W. Bush the nomination. So did he back down on it this year, as his campaign depended on those same Republican voters for support? No, he said he "could not be more proud of the majority" of South Carolina residents who had decided to scrap the old Confederate design--and he won the primary anyway.

So I don't think I need to worry about John McCain signing some obscene piece of legislation just to make his party supporters happy.

He has also reached across the aisle many times in the past for the common good, something George W. Bush promised to do during his presidency, as evidenced by the McCain-Feingold act (which implemented the first campaign finance reform in decades), the failed McCain-Leiberman legislation (which would have investigated and addressed the issue of global warming) and the recent McCain-Kennedy bill (which calls for tighter border security and increased enforcement of existing immigration laws).

McCain has also shown himself to have the right views on the most important issue facing the next president: the growing power of the executive branch. His opposition to the use of torture has also been a central issue of his campaign--in the same year when Giuliani and Romney have frequently cited their pro-torture position as if it were a national security credential. You don't have to look far to figure out why; McCain is the only major-party presidential candidate who has actually been tortured as a POW, which is why he still can't raise his arms past his shoulders.

I'm the first to admit McCain isn't the perfect candidate, but he is certainly a better choice than Clinton or Obama.

I am voting for Hillary, because she is the only candidate that can deal with the issues overseas along with the problems that we have here in the US. People are so quick to say Obama, and not know why they even want him, his platform lacks substance, no direction, just a sales pitch of a preacher. He is very inspiring, but now the inspiration is that of going to church, not leading a country. We need someone in office, that can do all, and the only one that can Is Hillary Clinton!!!

I will vote for someone with experience, not just talk. I will not vote for someone who steels other peoples ideas, and messeges. He keeps refering to "I have a dream". I truly love Martin Luther king, and what he did for this country, and so do my children. They think that he was a wonderful human being who made CHANGE. Obama is using Martin Luther king just to get elected. That is totally wrong, and one other thing read his book, he talks about how he hates white people.

• kolton

I honestly don't think I will vote this year. I do want Hillary Clinton to win though. I'm a conservative and I can't help but notice that Hillary is the most conservative out of the main three candidates. John McCain is more liberal than Hillary is!

I will not vote for Obama. I will seriously evacuate this country if he wins. He is poison for everyone. He's under-qualified and a lying snake. He will ruin this country, mark my words.

Wow this thread appears to be pretty lefty. Just look at the ratings on each post.

Way to go Johnny and teddybear. My sentiments exactly.

Mrs. Clinton FTW

I am voting for Hillary because----- I want my kids and grand kids to have a future, and it would be nice to be able to pay bills and be able to live like a human once again. It will be nice knowing that people who cannot afford health coverage will be able to at last get health coverage..will be nice seeing people without jobs -be able to find jobs once Hillary gets her plans moving... And it will be good seeing people who are about to lose their homes to be able to have a fighting chance to save their homes......

I will not vote for Obama because---he offers no solutions and no details to anything other than we need CHANGE! He not only lacks experience, but he shows how inexperienced he is when he is talking without notes and speeches to read from, he stumbles all over his self when he is asked questions with his given answers which really empty answers with no substance.

a million. Batista (did you spot him on smackdown, how yummy is he) 2. HBK (because I luv him) 3. Cena (reason he's a real champ) 4.Rey Mysterio(reason he's a real champ) 5.Lashley (reason he can only get extra powerful and extra powerful) 6.The Rock (reason he's a legend and a mind-blowing actor) 7. Stone chilly (reason I luv his large mouth) 8. RVD (reason he can strive against) 9. Finlay (reason he benefits this spot) 10. area (reason I ****** hate him)

I will vote for McCain because a lot of his views are similiar to my own. I won't vote for Hillary because a national health care system won't happen (Bill Clinton couldn't even do it), not to mention she takes advantage of many situations. Come on, she moved to New York to get elected just because her husband was president. Talk about exploiting the masses...

Hillary Clinton because she is the best educated and most experienced candidate. She is simply the best person for the job.

The Republican nominee. It is obvious that the Dem candidates both stand for nothing but pure socialism and retreat from Iraq.