LedZEP asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Mitchell Report?

Why are only Andy and Roger only having to testify and get the blame for doing HGH or steroids and not all the other players who took them as well and were on the list? Is it because they're one of the bigger player?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • pumper
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Good question. Whats interesting to me is that HGH wasnt even considered illegal at the time that the Mitchell report specified. I watched the Petite interview today and even he said that he was surprised at how much this thing has gone crazy.

• 1 decade ago

Clemens was the only player on the Mitchell list that challenged the accuracy of the report. If the report turned out to be flawed so far as Clemens is concerned than the entire report would be in question. Pettitte and Knoblock were brought in to tell what they knew as teammates of Clemens.

• 1 decade ago

My husband's big 'theory' on this whole issue is that Congress needed somebody as a scapegoat in order to target Barry Bonds. He did make some valid points, and we argued his ideas. But he feels it will boil down to added pressure on Bonds.

• 1 decade ago

Wrong. First off Pettitte, Knoblock-head and Clemens have given depositions to Congress so far. Clemens was the only one to do it in that media fiasco in front of Congress, Pettitte and Knoblock-head did it in private.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Triago
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Only because clemens denied it and petite was associated with clemens.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.