My husband is thinking of fighting for custody of his 9 yr old son.?

my relationship of 7 yrs has lasted longer than his ex wife's 3 marriages and many guys. she is brainwashing our son so he gets to the point he doesnt want to come here much, she has moved 7 times in the 9 years of our sons life. she is not home in the morning to get him off to school or feed him and she is not... show more my relationship of 7 yrs has lasted longer than his ex wife's 3 marriages and many guys. she is brainwashing our son so he gets to the point he doesnt want to come here much, she has moved 7 times in the 9 years of our sons life. she is not home in the morning to get him off to school or feed him and she is not home when he gets home from school to help with homework. her mom does it.her mom also feeds him dinner. she gets home from work and then is gone within 2 hrs. then she comes home late. he cries over everything and he is so brainwashed by her. she gave him a cell to call her when he is here and he is to put the phone down so she can hear whats going on here.she treats him like a baby. she was sharing a bed with him until dyfs made her give him his own room.how can we fight for custody?