Sesame Street Question: Has Elmo always been around?

I watched Sesame Street as a kid and loved Ernie & Bert and Oscar. I remember Grover, Cookie Monster, and of course, Kermit.

When was Elmo introduced? And Zoey and Telly?

My all time fave was the muh-nuh-muh-nuh skit (de-de-be-de-be). Why don't we ever see that in the syndicated stuff?

*sigh*

I guess that link explains that much...I was born in 64 and he was just getting his start when I was moving on...I knew I hadn't *forgotten*! Thanks.

jenk & cavortn: Yay! Old people!! Yes, Snuffi was invisible and it was all about Jim singing about the People in the Neighborhood (the people that you meet, when you're walking down the street...)

I've heard the muh-nuh song on a Dr pepper ad and in a short-lived sitcom called "Committed," and I got a thrill.

I was never a Muppet Show fan, but I'm sure there's some overlap. Thanks, Gals!

jenk!! I watched the youtube and loved it. I could have sworn it was 2 little girls with blonde braids, but I'm old...that was fun, thanks! (I'm easily entertained, too)

Favorite Answer

Elmo wasn't around when I was a kid but I'm 35 now.

You can watch the skit you like on You Tube. Turns out it was first on the Muppets, not on Sesame Street.

Type Mahna Mahna in You Tube. you'll see it.

Just watched it the other day. My kids think I am easily entertained.

Elmo has been around since the early 70's, but was referred to as "Baby Monster", he was renamed Elmo in the 80-81 season, and has been voiced by Kevin Clash since 1985.

Telly (Originally "Television Monster") has been around since the late 70's. (funny, I thought for sure, Telly had been around longer than Telly!)

Zoe was introduced in the 93-94 season.

It seems you were watching Sesame Street back when I did. So you probably remember back to when Snuffleupagus was invisible?

Elmo has always been around when I was younger

Here is a website to read up about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmo