Can I use my Bank of America debit card to withdraw money from any ATM?

Like can I use it to withdraw money from another banks ATM?

Also, if I am traveling to Europe, can I use it there as well? Has anyone had similar experiences?

Favorite Answer

Hgenerally speaking you can use your debit card at any ATM affiliated with the same network-IE if your card is a visa card any ATM machine with a visa logo will allow you to withdraw funds. Be wary of fees though. withdrawal fees for non bank of america at ms can be anything from .50 to 5.00. As far as using your atm card overseas-same rules apply. B of A does have partner sharing agreements with overseas banks, but the specific atm must have that visa logo. and not all of them will. You should also call your bank and tell them you are traveling-otherwise they may shut down your card on the theory that no one in krakowice has any business accessing an account opened in oklahoma.(they will suspect fraud unless you tell them otherwise) I have no personal experience with B of A cards in Europe, but my card which was I able to use in Hong Kong was useless in Brazil. go figure.

For general debit card tips and tricks see the links

Bank Of America Atm Card

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): bank america debit card withdraw money atm: https://bitly.im/gfuHl
  • T M

I don't have a BofA debit card, but i've used a debit card from other banks in other atm's including those in europe.

check with BofA for any foreign transaction fees they might charge when you use it in europe. other banks might also charge a fee when you use a card from another bank at their ATM. check the symbols on the back of your card which indicate which networks you can use and then look for an ATM bearing one of those network symbols.

it used to be that getting foreign currency from an ATM was the best method rather than going to an exchange agent. but banks are always changing their rules and fee structures, so double check when it is closer to the time of your trip.

Bank Of America International Travel

Yes if it is a Visa or Mastercard debit card. You can also use it a merchants if it has the Visa or Mastercard or Maestro logo. Let the bank know you will be using it in Europe. Remember the U.S. dollar is not worth much in Europe especially the UK. If something cost $1.00 it would cost $2.00 U.S. dollars plus any foreign transaction fees.

If your card only has the cirrus or plus logo you can use it at atms only.

If your card has a maestro logo you may be able to use at merchants that take those cards and if your bank supports foreign pin transactions.

All methods will still have a foreign transaction fee outside of your country.

Some banks wait to bill the fees when the statement prints out.

When using the card in Europe you will need your ID and passport to use the card. It because they have chip and pin. So you will need to tell the merchant that you will have to sign for your purchase because the U.S. has not upgraded to chip and pin or chip & signature.

Yes you should be able to use your BofA card at any ATM. There will be a charge from the other bank that you will need to pay.

As far as a foreign ATM, you will be charged a currency exchange charged based on the current rate the bank is charging for the currency of the country the ATM is in.

yes you can withdraw money from another banks ATM and also you can use it in Europe actually you can use it anywhere around the world, but you have to pay a 3% fee. My family we travel around the world ALOT so we kinda know this kind of stuff.

im not sure about europe but you can use your card at any atm although a you'll pay a fee at a non-Bank of America atm.

yes, you just have to notify them of your travels before you go, so they dont think someone is using your card abroad, you hve to tell them the countries you will be visiting, its no biggy, and yes you can use it at any atm, but the atm will charge you and stupid b of a will charge you , double whammy, but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. just make sure you call em first, or that card will be a useless piece of plastic , instead of your life line, call your credit card companies too, if you plan on bringin one, which you should