I want to convert to Islam but I'm scared of telling my Mum?(I know it's long but please answer)?

I'm 15 and I'm currently Christian and I'm really into science and I do believe there is a God and only one God but I am very open minded to other peoples belief and I'm not going to try and say that if you have a load of Gods you're wrong, that's your way of life and your own choice and I... show more I'm 15 and I'm currently Christian and I'm really into science and I do believe there is a God and only one God but I am very open minded to other peoples belief and I'm not going to try and say that if you have a load of Gods you're wrong, that's your way of life and your own choice and I believe everyone has the right to their religion. I wasn't actually looking for proof, I was studying time travel theories cos it interests me and I'd like to come up with the perfect time travel theory that doesn't include nuclear energy and I'm current working on my own equation for time travel and it works and makes perfect sense so far based on other theories, but I was watching this documentry and they were saying that time is so vast and so powerful and that how fast technology is progressing that this Earth could possibly just be a computer programme(ok I don't believe that) but they said that for an energy as powerful as time to exist there must be a higher being, a creature with no beginning and no end and for me that's God and was way before I came accross this, but as you've figured I'm very into the science of things and the Bible is way too far fetched, the things that happen in it, some of it I can't believe, mainly the creation story, and to be part of a religion you need to believe all of it and quite frankly, I can't believe Christianity.
Now, I'm not Catholic and to be honest I'm not properly Christian, I'm part of a Christian Church but I still have the choice of my religion so I don't have to actually convert, but I go to a Catholic School and we had an Islam Awareness Week and this mobile exhibit from Rotheram set up in the school for a week and they showed all the Islamic beliefs and prophets and I came over a science section and it showed the Islamic Creation Story and how it was simular to the Big Bang and it covered other beliefs of Islam and showed how they matched with modern day science and I can believe it as none of it is as far fetched as the bible, the bible is like a fairy-tale compared to the Quran and I really want to convert to Islam, as I believe it is the right faith for me but I live in the UK and as you probably know the media is blinded by the fact of Al-queda(I don't know how to spell it) doing their terrorist bombing when they're only a tiny part of Islam and most my mates hate Islam and alot of their parents hate Isalm because of the media and I'm afraid if I open my mouth my Mum will be the same, no matter how understanding my Dad says my Mum is, I don't think she'll like it.
What can I do, cos if I can't change religion now I'll change at 16 but I'd like to convert sometime before I'm 16.
What should I do?
I did try hinting it to her by telling her how believeable I find the Quran but that didn't work.
Update: Science has no God, I believe in a God, and if your gonna listen to the ******* media get lost and don't answer this question.
Update 2: Yeah but there belief of how the Universe was created as shown in the exhibited set up by Muslims it's very simular to the big bang theory.
Update 3: Yeah, I'm not sexist you sexist morons coming here, sexism is nothing great and when I do convert I am still keeping my somewhat hopefully feminist ways as I hope to join a feminist group when I'm older.
Update 4: My girlfriend is Muslim anyway and she has told me about alot of the beliefs and the culture.
Update 5: Just to correct someone about time, time isn't just orbit, it is based on the speed of an object, its atom movements and where it is in the Universe, some place time stops, some speeds time stops, Eistien has proved it about speed.
Update 6: Islam Awareness Week was ages ago, I thought about this for a long time, I've told my girlfriend about it and she says she'll help me if I have questions so.
Update 7: Last person to answer, read about Jesus in the gospel, yeah I'll do that cos Christian churchs have stopped preaching about Jesus, NOT. IKNOW ABOUT Jesus(PBUH) CHRIST AND I KNOW ABOUT Muhammed(PBUH).