Is there a website where I can file my state taxes for free? I live in WI.?

I went to Turbotax.com and filed my federal taxes for free but when it cam to state, they wanted to charge $24.99. I don't want to pay that much if any at all.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes go to www.Department of Revenue and can do for free from their site almost all states have th site here in il we can for free

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

look on your W-2 and make useful which state took out taxes. through fact of reciprocity agreements between Illinois and adjoining states mutually with Wisconsin, be attentive to-how which you're an Illinois resident, your organization would desire to have already withheld Illinois taxes. That occurred years interior the previous on an analogous time as i grew to grow to be an Illinois resident working for the summer season in Madison, WI. My company deducted Illinois taxes, so i finished up in simple terms submitting an Illinois tax pass back. however if, in the adventure that your organization withheld WI taxes, then you definately somewhat'd ought to checklist your WI earnings on your Illinois resident IL-1040 (and be taxes for that reason), then checklist a WI-1040 to get an finished refund of your WI withholding.

• 1 decade ago

Here's the link to the free file from WI.gov. Make sure you qualify.

• 1 decade ago

Go to your state's Department of Revenue site; you should be able to file from there. At least you can in PA. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would check the IRS website for further information on online tax resources.

• 1 decade ago

Turbo Tax has a free service

Link is below

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.