T.J. asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

What are some cheap tank mates for 2 large female African clawed frogs?

These are not african dwarf frogs but africain clawed frogs.

Frogs are 6 inches

Pleco in tank is 7 inches

Tank is 30 gallons.

When I first got the frogs I put them in with my community fish lank and they ate all of my fish except one platy in one night! :(

• Meg R
    Favorite Answer

I"ve Been told that when African CLAWED frogs grow to almost full size they will eat other fish in your tank.

Depending on your tanks size i would say "MAYBE" a fish that is both bigger then the frog will be full grown and hopefully faster then the frog can swim.

Please Specify your tank size >.< that would help thanks

Source(s): Edit,... ya thats what i thought would happen :( sorry you lost your fish. Deppending on what Pleco you have (I'm not too familiar with all of them so i dont know if this is the same for all of them) they have a harder outer skin, so that is probably why he was spared from the Clawed frog. Are you able to take the Frog's back? Maybe get the dwarf frogs. You could get some pretty nice fish in a 30 gallon tank. I saw your other question, i dont know the answer to that one, but hopfully you get some suggestions there, as i dont know of a fish to keep with the frogs you have right now =( sorry GOOD LUCK

complex aspect. do a search with google. that could help!

wat size is the tank? Maybe some large actice fish such as giant danios but it all depends on the tank size. PLEASE tell us the size