How can i block useless emails coming into my outlook express?
- MLMLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
You can never eliminate 100% of the spam, but you can try to cut down on the amount received by following the steps below:
You shouldn't open unsolicted email from unknown sources. Often what happens is that when you open up spam, it sends back a trigger to the originating source indicating that a valid email address has been found thus subjecting you to even more spam down the road. Even using the preview pane in email products sends web beacons back to spammers if you have HTML enabled.
Here are a few steps you can take to try and avoid spam.
1. Don't open unsolicited Spam. Often what happens is that when you open up spam, it sends back a trigger to the originating source indicating that a valid email address has been found thus subjecting you to even more spam down the road.
2. Don't use the Preview Pane for the same reasons as #1. Also adjust your email options not to automatically open up email messages. Set it so that after you finish reading one email and take the necessary action you return to the inbox and not open the next one.
3. Set you email options to accept mail from only people in your address book or safe lists.
4. Set some filters to automatically route spam to certain folders for easy deletion later.
5. Use a throwaway account for any online registrations you need such as news sites and contests, etc. Often these email addresses are sold to other places, particularly advertising firms. If the throwaway account gets over run, you can simply delete it and create another.
6. Use the BCC when composing emails and encourage your friends to do the same. What this does is protects mailing lists from email harvesters.
7. You can consider using a third party application such as SpamFighter (free version can only be used for 1 account and it is for Outlook and Outlook Express only) http://www.spamfighter.com/ . Mailwasher is also a good antispam tool. http://www.mailwasher.net/
8. Never reply to any spam email that you happen to open and receive for the same reason as #1 above.
You can see more info at the webpage below:
- 1 decade ago
Try making an optional e-mail account on like yahoo or msn then use it for only important e-mail like from friends and family or close associates.Then never give it out to online advertisers.I have several yahoo accounts some for biz some for junk mail my biz accounts allways just have what people I have gave the e-mail address to and no junk in it .So number 1 rule on a e-mail address if ya want no junk dont give out its address to advertisers and it stays junk free.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Sad to say, very little. Only your ISP can filter these messages--and many do but you have to activate this feature because they sometimes filter out the real mail as well.
- gassawayLv 43 years ago
besides to what Natasha stated you will additionally desire to set outlook convey as your default mail shopper and that i beleive you could hit upon that for the time of recommendations under the final tab wish this enables
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
You cant really, but you can get a junk folder and it will automaticall put in in there, or you can right click on the junk and click 'block sender'.