Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

angela s asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

how old is john McCain?

I heard that if john mccain wins (i hope not), that he will be the oldest president. do you know?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He's really old.....really, really, old....and cranky....he reminds me of "Mr Wilson" from Dennis the Menace.

• 1 decade ago

Born August 29, 1936, which makes him 71. Should McCain win in 2008, he would be the oldest person to assume the Presidency in history at initial ascension to office, being 72 years old and surpassing Ronald Reagan, who was 69 years old at his inauguration following the 1980 election.

Source(s): Wikipedia
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

John McCain is 71.

• rocky
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

As old as dirt!

Born August 29, 1936. So on Election Day he will be 72.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wonder if republican even care what happens to McCain as they rally him to the 6-year post of commander in chief.McCain is showing signs of being tired already. But those neo con dreams must be tough to KICK!!!... chow F.P add he is 72 years young!!!

Source(s): OBAMA 2008
  • 1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

I believe I heard he is 71

• 1 decade ago

If elected he would indeed be the oldest president, followed by Ronald Reagan, who was 69 when he was elected into office.

• 1 decade ago

71 years old! Way to old to be a President if you ask me!

Source(s): wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_john_mccain
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.