angela s asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

how old is john McCain?

I heard that if john mccain wins (i hope not), that he will be the oldest president. do you know?

Favorite Answer

He's really old.....really, really, old....and cranky....he reminds me of "Mr Wilson" from Dennis the Menace.

Born August 29, 1936, which makes him 71. Should McCain win in 2008, he would be the oldest person to assume the Presidency in history at initial ascension to office, being 72 years old and surpassing Ronald Reagan, who was 69 years old at his inauguration following the 1980 election.

Source(s): Wikipedia

John McCain is 71.

• rocky

As old as dirt!

Born August 29, 1936. So on Election Day he will be 72.

I wonder if republican even care what happens to McCain as they rally him to the 6-year post of commander in chief.McCain is showing signs of being tired already. But those neo con dreams must be tough to KICK!!!... chow F.P add he is 72 years young!!!

Source(s): OBAMA 2008

72

108

I believe I heard he is 71

71

If elected he would indeed be the oldest president, followed by Ronald Reagan, who was 69 when he was elected into office.

71 years old! Way to old to be a President if you ask me!

Source(s): wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_john_mccain