Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

'Alice in Wonderland' themed party?

So im turning 15 next month, and i've been looking for ideas for my party. I've come across a masked ball, water party, poker party and then i came across 'Alice in Wonderland' themed party. Ive been researching some ideas and ive put them together with some of my own, im not sure if its too childish, because i dont want to seem babyish, almost like im just getting away with it, if you know what i mean.

If you have any ideas, please tell, it will be much appreciated:

My Idea:

1. Playing cards as invitations

2. Tea Party in conserventry

3. Croquet in garden

4. Poker and music in living room

5. Flowers throughout the house

6. Guests dress up as Wonderland characters

7. Playing card garlands

8. Food labelled 'Eat Me' and 'Drink Me'

10. Photoes of me and friends in 'Wonderland'.

Lol, Jessica, well what if i take ideas from the characters, and then style it up. Like for example Alice, she wears a white and blue frilly dress, i hate frilly dresses, so neon blue skinny jeans and blue and white ruffle blouse?

Anyone agree? x

Best Answer

That's unbelievably creative and imaginative! (Score!)

I think this sounds like it could be loads of fun, especially if people come in fancy dress and you call it your Un-UnBirthday Party!

If you need any more inspiration, try the links below.... and you might want to have a parent with bunny ears declare "We're late, we're late for a very important date" as you usher your friends to the dining area...

Have fun and Happy Birthday!

I must admit I'm sorry I didnt think of that myself! :)

Dressing up sounds really cool--you should be Alice of course.

Check stores like Party America or Oriental Trading Company for your card garland and table settings.

And you could look on ebay for costumes and signs.

Also, I would suggest asking each invitee what they plan to dress up as to make sure you dont have too many chesire cats!

It sounds like a fantastic party!

I don't have any ideas on how to make this party any better, but I have to say, it sounds like it'll be a blast. I asked my 14 year old niece about it just now and she thought it was a really cool idea!

Alice and Wonderland isn't such a bad theme for a 15-year-old girl's party. i mean, if you want to have that party cause you like it, then go right ahead.

Sounds neat. Check party supply stores for themed decorations and make sure you have people coming as all the different characters so you don't have all bunnies and no mad hatter!

sounds great try ebay and such for costumes and party supplies even if you dont buy from there it gives you some ideas hope you have a great day :)

that sounds like an awesome party!

Dress up as your favorite character ?

or is that too little kidish ? lol.