Please can any one tell what is the differnt od DVD-R,DVD+R,please tell me ?

i found that DVD-R is 16X, DVD+R is 8X,please!! Can any one explain to me?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

DVD-R and DVD+R are two competing technologies that use different formats. No single company owns either DVD format and both technologies have their advantages.

DVD+R is a non-rewritable format and it is compatible with about 89% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD+RW is a rewritable format and is compatible with about 79% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD-R was the first DVD recording format released that was compatible with standalone DVD Players.

DVD-R is a non-rewriteable format and it is compatible with about 93% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As DVD recording comes of age and the prices come down, more of us will likely be adding DVD writers to our computers. But what gives with these dueling formats?

Anyone who was around twenty years ago might remember the battle between the two video tape formats: VHS (Victor Home System) and Betamax (Sony). Fast forward to the twenty-first century and we have a similar battle of the formats with DVD.

The disks are pretty much the same, but the writing process is different. DVD+R is a bit more advanced, but the disks often cost more than the older DVD-R format.

Another thing to consider is what format your DVD recording software works best in. I had a friend that couldn't get his software to work and it turned out he needed to use DVD-R. Now he's a regular DVD pirate—Arrgh, just kiddin' matey!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DVD-R is more compatible with DVD video players. They are sometimes more expensive than +R though. If the same price then get the -R. That thing the guy same about the dual layer is not true.

You can get both DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL but they cost way too much anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.