why does it seem like God isnt there when i need him?

so for the past years (3-4 years?) ive been living without my dad because he had to go out of country, and he still hasnt returned. its been so...so hard for my family and me, esp. for my mom, raising us ...and because we've having money problems, in short, were not the richest or well off fam.

i dont mean to sound complainign..but after my dad left ive been going thru really rough times...and im wondering why God doesnt seem to be with me when i need him alot now..

i always find myself getting depressed cause all my firends seem so happy and well off...and i feel like im not goign to have a great future. i have great friends adn a great church...i pray to God constantly.. but i never seem to find answers. i always forget ot read the bible...i try, but im so focused on school and grades. why doesnt God give me any kind of sign or help? i really need Him...and it hurts.

please, no stupid answers or blasphemy! if theres nothing nice to say, dont say it!

God Bless<3 and thank you

to those who helped me...thank you SO much.

tears began to fall from my eyes after reading your comments and advice, it really helped me feel alot better. i dont even know you guys, but you guys really impacted my life, i thank you for that!

to those who say there is not God or that God is just trash...i dont hate you for it. i hope someday that you'll experience His love for you

thank you so much <3

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

Dear Dance:

I can tell you are really hurting, and believe it or not, God is hearing you and believe it or not, God is right here, right now, hearing you. Didn't Jesus say: "I shall never leave you?"

That means, God never "left."

Now, what you need to know is that YOU are the author of your own life. That means, you have the power to change your life and what you are experiencing and how you are choosing to react to what you are experiencing.

You, have the power, to change HOW you feel about something by choosing to feel something different. You must see this as an active process of choice. Ask yourself,

"How do I feel about this NOW?"

Then, validate the feeling, recognize it is real, and then give that feeling up to God. See yourself, with your hand outspread, with the problem in your hand, and say:

"Here God, is the problem I need solved."

Then, have the faith in yourself that God will respond and answer you. You may not think that when you are speaking to others that you are not speaking to God. But I want to remind you that God works in mysterious ways. Never underestimate the power of what you are experiencing.

If you do not like what you are experiencing, CHOOSE to experience something different. Choose to feel differently.

I know this can seem easier said than done, but God never said life was always going to be easy. God expects you to do a little work for yourself. You know that old saying, "God will not do anything for you that you can do for yourself."

Well, God does do things for you anyway...to an extent that is. God, thus far, has made sure that you are ALIVE. God has provided you with a HOME. God has given you clothes to wear. God has given you good friends. God has given you your family. God has given you all the things you have.

There is nothing that you now have that did not come from God.

You say, hey, my mother gave me that! Or my friend gave me that! And I say to you, God gave the means to your mother or your friend to give it to you. So you see, whatever has already come to you has come to you from God. And the fact is, God is going to keep on giving you things.

Jesus said: Ask and ye shall receive. Now, do you believe the Master?

Jesus said: Even before you have asked it, it shall be done unto you. Now, do you believe in the Master?

Do you really believe what you say you believe? I want you to ask yourself to be truthful with YOU. If you put your entire faith in God, there is no way you can loose. No one who has ever put their entire faith in the Lord has ever lost. So if there is something in your heart that you are doubting, it can undermine you. Remove the doubt and have absolute faith!

I know it's hard, but sometimes, it takes time, for God to arrange things in just a certain way so that they happen for you. Not everything happens instantly, at least, not as you have been saying. This means you have a ways to go in your relationship with God. There is nothing wrong with that. You are perfectly ok with God. You take all the time you need to come to a fuller and more complete understanding.

I desire that you see your relationship with God in a slightly different manner. I want you to see God as REAL. This requires FAITH. For God is as real as your best friend and in fact, God IS your best friend...better than any earthly friend you now have.

You have chosen and so you are experiencing, change the choices and you change the experience.

Now, about your father. And I can see just how MUCH you love him...and how hurtful the experience for you has been.

Sometimes, in life, two people find out they are not right for each other or the two people change or there are a thousand other reasons that two people cannot stay together. Your father, did what was right for himself, and I know this is hard to accept...but every human being, has a right, to change their life if what is happening is not right for them. In fact, it is not in the highest interest of any individual to stay in a relationship that does not serve them. I am sure your father still loves you, even if...he may not admit that to himself, but if he does, then honor that love! And respect your father for being truthful with himself and you. Remember what one of the Commandments says: "Love thy Father and thy Mother."

It does not say: Love your father only if he stays with you.

I hope you can see this.

You will honor God and yourself, when you can forgive and let go and then move on with your life. Ultimately, you must forgive and let go or you will carry this hurt with you your whole life. That is NOT what God wants or expects from you.

God expects that you will learn to forgive and then blossom into the wonderful, beautiful person that you really are. God has created you like a precious ROSE which has yet to unfold. Now, your whole life sits before you and God waits for your life to unfold and blossom into a beautiful ROSE.

Just think of all those you will love and who will love you in the future. Think of all the challenges that await you in life, the career you have ahead of you, the sons and daughters you will have, the wonderful wife you will have, the home you will give them, the employers who need your skills and talents, the wonderful opportunities that lie just ahead for you to create, the love you will give to others, the roads you will build for your life, the achievements you will claim, the growth you will attain, the sharing and caring that lies just ahead for you.

All these BLESSINGS are yours, from your's truely, God!

God is always there with you, as God is here now, right at this moment, responding to your call for help! God works in mysterious ways, and mostly through others, so you see, never doubt where the help comes from. Never loose faith!

Never give up! Always, ALL WAYS, have faith in the One Supream Almighty Being who loves you!

• April

I'm sorry for all the problems your family is having and that you are feeling depressed. I want to recommend a book for you - 2 books actually, that will help you to understand your walk wiht Christ better. The first is Pilgrim's Progress. I don't know what your age is, but you may want to try Little Pilgrim's Progress if you're a young teen. The 2nd is Hind Feet in High Places. Both are Christian allegories. Pilgrim's progress is very easy to understand and too see the similarities to your own life. You will see that if you keep your eyes focused on Christ, and you stay on the straight path that God has planned for you, the valley that you are currently walking through, will not go on forever. And you must always keep in mind that this life is not the end - it's not even the most. It's a fleating bit of time in eternity and if you are saved, you are a child of God and will spend eternity with Him. He is your Abba Father (Abba is like saying Daddy). Cling to Him when you feel down. When you feel depressed, pray and read your bible for strength. God will grant it to you. He will not give you more than you can bear, but you need to cling to Him.

God Bless. I will pray for you.

"..i pray to God constantly.. but i never seem to find answers. i always forget ot read the bible...i try, but im so focused on school and grades" - i think i might have found something that might have been hindering your prayers being answered.

Do you feel guilty of not having read the Bibles enough? Or have not done anything right and have not done enough?...if u say :yes:..then it is time to not look at yourself...but to behold JESUS!

Just thank HIM...for HE has done everthing for you when he was on the cross! He did not say " it is finished" for nothing! Do you know "it is finished" is such a powerful revelation? it means that whatever u need in your life, love, good grades, great future & financial blessings..JESUS has done it for u! HE has finished all your the work for you at the cross!...JUST BELIEVE and RECEIVE the blessings!..

God knows U had lead a hard life after your dad left...it is time for u not to whine abt it but to really believe and thank HIM....that All good things will be coming your way...because JESUS CHRIST has paid the price for you to have it!!

Source(s): www.newcreation.org.sg

I'm sorry that you're family is going through some very difficult times and that it seems God is distant from you.. One thing you have to remember is that there are ''storms'' that is rough patches in life, but I believe this is when God holds on to us the closest.. Just think about each day each day is a miracle, you maybe having some rough times but thank God you have a roof over your heads.. Always remember this too shall come to pass.. There are people out there who have had problems in their lives for even 15years. I hope that things will turn around for your family but if they don't all at once please don't stop praying and look upto to God for strength to get you by through the days.. God loves you and he understands your pain more than anyone, all you have to do is believe that he does understand and that he has a great plan for your life..

Source(s): I'm a christian and I've had some pretty rough patches

God has your life planned out that's why he wants you to suffer or else maybe your not very religious and only count on God when your down,Now that your down your asking for God's help,If you want God to help you you have to worship him everyday and then he will return you favours!

You say God is not there for you....

then who is answering this question you are posting?

Who is it that made the one reading this section stop to answer this post?

You pray for God to hear you; also pray so that you might be able to hear God respond.

God is in the bible, and in the table on which the bible rests, and the house which holds the table on which the bible rests, and the sun and air and earth that sustains the family in whose house sits a table on which a bible rests.

If you manage to read this far, past all the fools who are telling you there is no God, past all the other stuff about relationships, etc., please remember this one thing: God's Word tells us that we can't go on feelings where He is concerned. That's where faith comes in. If you have asked Him into your heart and life, that's exactly where He is - all the time! Even when you don't "feel" His presence, he's THERE. He will never forsake you and has said so in His word, sweet girl! Believe that because it's truth!

God bless you!

Source(s): ><>

My heart goes out to you as you ask this question. God has not left you if you are His child. He is there even when we don't feel His presence. The Bible tells us that if we will draw near to Him that he will draw near to us. Do you know for certain that Jesus is your Lord and Savior? secondly, do you spend time with Him praying and seeking His guidance? we all experience hard times while walking the walk as a Christian. Faith is like a muscle that needs to be exercised to make it stronger. Go to church and find Godly friends who will support you in prayer.fellowship. Be still and know God Psalm 46:10 says. stop and listen, God is speaking and sometimes we just can't hear His voice unless we recognize it.

What kind of sign are you looking for? Sometimes God speaks in a whisper sometimes He speaks in a roar. You have to listen for the whisper. Perhaps you need to go out with your friends and have some fun. Take sometime from focusing in school. That is important but it is also important to focus on our relationship with God. He is always with you beloved and always will be. Keep the faith and keep your heart open.

God Bless

What answers are you looking for? Lots of theists feel the way you do, there is nothing wrong with that. You are not alone, you have your mom, your siblings, friends, and a great church. Don't make me repeat that rowboat story.

God does see you and feel your suffering. Try to ignore these flakes who are not smart enough to recognize truth. Try to find someone in your youth group or a trusted adult to be a prayer partner. Many people keep a prayer journal to remind themselves of things they have asked for and to remember ways God has already provided for their needs. Write in the good things too, not just complaints. Try to see ways that God is already meeting your needs. I grew up poor and lost a parent. There were many times when I held God responsible and refused to even pray. God loved me and cared for me even then. I am sure HE does the same for you every day.

You are a wonderful unique creation and you were designed by the author of love. God's purpose is simply to love you. Hang in there and give Him the chance.