my ex has accessed my other email and has changed the password and security question with out my permission.?

my ex has accessed my other email address and has changed the password and security question. How do i report this? And is it illegal? She is doing this without my permission. Please help me to stop her.

Favorite Answer

You can report this to the ISP as fraud. Talk to them and they should be able to change your e-mail address for you. It is illegal, by the way.

If she has "accessed" your email by procurring your password in an "illegal manner" such as via spyware, keylogging, etc.. then you MIGHT have a case if you could prove it.

If she has accessed you email via a password that you gave her or she knows because you left it laying around, etc... then you have no case and only yourself to blame.

If you are paying for this account and it is not a free web based email account from yahoo or gmail then you can simply contact the vendor and provide them with your verification and they can reset the account for you. If not, you are out of luck and will need to kiss it goodbye.

If you are paying for a thing then you could argue monetary damage / loss but only if you did not give her the password and can prove you did not.

Good Luck

You can report this to the ISP that hosts your email account. They should be able to go thru some security questions with you and then reset your password. Once they have done this you will be able to change the password and security information in the My Accounts section of your email account.

Yes it's illegal! The account doesn't belong to her and she is accessing it without your permission and removing access to you for that account!

If it's a paid accound from your ISP (internet service provider) like Charter (youremail@charter.net), then call charter and report her.

If it's a free account from yahoo, you could call yahoo or send them an email, but it would be best to stop all companines from sending you email at that address and create another "disposable" email address.

• Ted

In order to access the account, she had to have had your old password. Giving her the old password constituted giving her permission.

Contact the people that run the service for your e-mail. They should be able to guide you as to how to protect your information from her. It is too bad that people cannot break up and act like adults. Good luck!