Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Has there ever been a presidential candidate with more support from extremists?

I think most people would agree that this race is groundbreaking in many ways, but I wondered if any of these people who support obama have supported another candidate in the past? Is this is a first for a presidential primary?

The Muslim American Society (MAS) (promotes the spread of islam through violent means)

New Black Panther Party

Arab-American activist Tony Rezko

Louis Farrakhan

Moammar Gadhafi

Project Islamic H.O.P.E.

Muslim Americans for Obama '08

Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega

These organizations have this info listed on their websites. The leaders who endorse him are anti-American and have publically given support in the media.

Have they all made endorsements in the past?

Uh, Billy Mo, all of these people aren't muslim, so your point is crap.

Best Answer

Barack Obama is a member of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Its minister, and Obama's spiritual adviser, is the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. In 1982, the church launched Trumpet Newsmagazine; Wright's daughters serve as publisher and executive editor. Every year, the magazine makes awards in various categories. Last year, it gave the Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to a man it said "truly epitomized greatness." That man is Louis Farrakhan.

Maybe for Wright and some others, Farrakhan "epitomized greatness." For most Americans, though, Farrakhan epitomizes racism, particularly in the form of anti-Semitism. Over the years, he has compiled an awesome record of offensive statements, even denigrating the Holocaust by falsely attributing it to Jewish cooperation with Hitler -- "They helped him get the Third Reich on the road." His history is a rancid stew of lies.

Obama’s attendance at a madrasa, and his connection with a Black separatist minister, take on added seriousness in light of his recent visit to Al Sharpton’s racist and anti-Semitic hate group.

Yes, Obama is the clear choice for people who hate America. Not that that really says anything about him. It just says something about how Anti-American extremists perceive him. But why do they perceive him that way? Do they think he's a muslim? Or do they think he is weak? Do they think he is sympathetic to their causes or just incapable of stopping their plots? I don't know. But it is troubling.

I wouldn't trust you on your list of endorsements without seeing it myself anyway, because you're obviously full of misinformation. You're wrong about thes groups being anti-American. You obviously have a very narrow idea of what American means. Not everybody is like you, but they are still American. We are a diverse country, and not recognizing that, and being willing to use wrong information to get other citizens falsely inflamed against a candidate is what is UnAmerican.

• uber

extra of that oh-so-smart liberal debating that lost them the Congress, the Presidency and the perfect courtroom. extra of that oh-so-smart planning that has the standard public questioning basically what contained in the hell is the Democrats plans for the rustic. extra of those oh-so-smart ideas that would ascertain the Republicans save administration both homes of Congress come November. only a contact for the wondering liberals accessible (and that i may be the first to assert that there are, I recognize them), it really is the type of senseless, incomprehensible rhetoric that the yankee public won't be able to face. the final public of human beings are particularly average and do not tolerate severe stuff like this from both fringe of the aisle. basically my 2 cents. :-)

Hillary supported Goldwater. That's pretty extremist.

• Gretl

Not that I know of. Especially being vocal about it.

If you are saying that all Muslims are radical killers, you are stupid.

I am not Muslim, but I believe that they should be treated fairly.

obama is slang for "vote for me today, regret what you did tomorrow"

• Tigger

'W'