I'm scared of who I'm becoming......????

When I was younger, I had a strong, sure sense of who I was and what I wanted to be. As I got older, things changed. I feel like I'm not the same person I used to be, and that scares me. I have different outlooks on things like God and life itself. I do things (like cut myself) that I would have never thought I... show more When I was younger, I had a strong, sure sense of who I was and what I wanted to be. As I got older, things changed. I feel like I'm not the same person I used to be, and that scares me. I have different outlooks on things like God and life itself. I do things (like cut myself) that I would have never thought I would do in a million years. I used to be so happy, but now I feel lost, depressed, and misunderstood. Why is this happening???
Update: Just because I cut myself does not mean that I'm emo.
Update 2: I cut because the sting and the physical pain make my emotional pain seem not as bad. I know this sounds dumb, put I also do it as a way of "punishing" myself because I feel like I will never be good enough.