Which historical figure do you think should become US President?

Forget Obama, Hillary and McCain. Which historical figure (other than former US President) should become US Presidents and why?

Let me give you a few examples to choose from: Alexander, Asoka, Charlemagne, Genghis Khan, Timur, Caesar, Akbar, Barbarossa, Saladin, Juan of Arc, Napoleon, Czar, Ivan the terrible, Winston Churchill, Lenin, Mao Zedong etc. etc.

Update:

correction:

(other than former US Presidents) should become US President

sorry for the typo

Update 2:

You can choose anyone who is not in the list I gave. That is just some of the iconic historical figures which came to my mind. There are several other figures I could add for ex. Gandhi, Luther King, Hitler, Che Guevara.. the list can go on..

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)- Great leader, inspirational, would unite our Melting Pot. I wish he could be here today.

Colin Powell (1937-present)- The most qualified modern individual to lead our country. A man of Utmost integrity: I would trust him unconditionally.

Jeanne la Pucelle / Joan of Arc (1412 – 1431)- Even though she is from France she gets a pass, She would teach Hillary a thing or two about a thing or two.

Sir William Wallace (1270- 1305)- Would be a strong leader and would defend our constitution and protect our civil liberties. He would find Osama. “Freedom”….

Gen. George S. Patton (1885-1945)- Respect!!! He would solve our terrorist and border issues. Iran, China and Russia would be in check. Congress would sh*t bricks and often….

George Washington Carver (1864-1943) – He would be a leader in the environment, agriculture and alternative energy fuels and would figure out a health care solution.

Other Good Choices: Bill O’Reilly, John Wayne, Stephen Colbert, Whoopi Goldberg, Will Ferrell, Will Smith, Santana , and Alicia Keys.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You're correct- forget those rascals.

A. C Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada would have been the best president, because he knew how to make the whole world happy. He would have engaged everyone in their natural propensities and he taught universal love of God. (also known as Krishna, Allah, Jehovah, Vishnu, Rama, etc.)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=90995846... This video shows how he made hippies into happies and everyone he met became so happy when he was on the earth. He translated and wrote at least 108 spirutal books. Such as Bhagavad Gita and Sri Iso panisad and Srimadbhagavatam. I love Srila Prabhupada

• 1 decade ago

You certainly did pick bad people to become the prez!!! Are you a conservative? Try more nurturing and less warmongering genocidal imbeciles, someone who has personal integrity and ethics. You should pick some really gifted intellectual and humanitarian. Ghandi would have made an excellent prez. I would think Noam Chomsky or Micheal Parenti, who are still alive. Scientist like Einstein would be too heartless, since he was the one, as they all do now, worked for the defense department.

Ron Paul would have made a decided improvement in US presidents as or lately, but, or course, people of that quality never get picked because of our degraded, Jewish-owned corporate media. We only get a bunch of criminals up for prez and not worth bothering with.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First off Many of these "historic figures" that you ask cannot ever be US President since they were not born a natural U.S. Citizen.

Second, here is my list.

Martin Luther King

Gen. McCarthy

Ben Franklin

Michael Jordan

Susan B. Anthony

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Of the people you listed I would like to point out that all were very charismatic but the majority were very brutal tyrants. Of the above I would ask for Winston Chruchilll. He was a notorious drunk and womanizer who in the end kept a starving and outnumbered nation from falling apart.

• I would either say Gandhi or Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., but it would work better if they both were Presidents of the whole entire universe!

• 1 decade ago

Plato

• 1 decade ago

Ben Franklin

• 1 decade ago

Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. He was a genius, both on the battlefield and off.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gen Patton; he would strike fear into the hearts of our enemies knowing they would be exterminated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.