Me F.
Me F. asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

How do I stay open minded towards Conservatives and Republican's?

dont want to stay close minded towards people who are conservative, because lumping people into a box only hurts you.

I hate having to lump everyone into a little box, so I decieded to check out this Huckabee and McCain. People talk about them alot.

I was just reading huckabee's positions on Wikipedia and although I find him vulgar and vile at times, I cant believe he made me laugh. An ordained Baptist minister who's in a rock band! A focus on “health” system instead of a “Health Care” system only good at treating , not preventing disease. Leaving the earth better than we left it. I can agree with this.

McCain seems to be a very realistic conservative. His statement on abortion is almost touching and realizes women’s dilemma in having an unwanted pregnancy and that abortions are gonna happen legal or not.

What are your thoughts?

I only feel bad because people lump liberals and republicans as immoral, radical, dreamers on otherwise living in a strange world. Sometimes I feel wired, Im very dedicated to womens, GLBT, education, marriage and health rights. But Im not cookie cutter.

Favorite Answer

You deserve a standing ovation. Someone that is not getting into the media hype and actually is putting forth due diligence. I applaud you for the efforts. If you are still having issues deciding Try this candidate matcher it is pretty much on the spot and will give you a better overview of the candidates and your views. never compromise your principals to vote an American Idol type president in. good Luck

Well, many more people could be considered Independents than actually claim to be in that they don't agree with and share, issue for issue, the exact same ideals as any specific candidate. When it comes to being open-minded, you just have to start by doing what you discussed: make up your mind to be open-minded. Then, you have to continue by doing what you did... acquire knowledge. So, in reality, you're being open-minded, and continuing to do so will only enrich your life and the lives of those around you for the rest of your time on earth.

Follow your own concious. Just that, the Conservative principals does not represent the majority. You'd be surprise how small a minority these group of people are. For the Republican to call themselves the Party of moral and christian values, it stands in stark contrast to their belief of small government and a tax break for the filthy rich. How is that consistent with Jesus Christ ?

Jesus Christ would be FOR the government to help the poor and would certainly not give MORE money to the rich. Their principals runs in conflict with where Jesus stands.

The Democrats Party is ideal for where Jesus stands.... sometimes they go too far-left but for the most part, it's consistent to what Jesus taught for the people to live by.

Obama 08!!

Liberal, democrat, Atheist.... I usually tend to associate Christians with republican conservatives, yet residing in l. a., you will discover fairly some counterarguments to that.

McCain is a psuedo - conservative, Huckleberry has absolutely no chance of winning now with only 245 delegates. The truth is conservatism is just about dead, might as well vote for Obama and be done with it.

You can't, they have lost all credibility over the last 8 years and America is sick of this hogwash. Change will come to America, question is, who will it be.

The middle way is the best way.