I bought non genuine ink cartridges for canon mp800 but the sponge hasn't soaked the ink up fully?

This means printer cant print from this properly. How can I make it fill the sponge. I have removed the bit a the top to let the air flow. Any ideas please?

Favorite Answer

I used to work for Canon. If you bought non genuine ink cartridges you have violated the warranty, and probably stuffed up the printer. You will probably have to take it in for repairs, and pay for it too.

Okay to correct one of your answers you have gotten, you have not voided your warranty by using non genuine ink cartridges. That is illegal according to the following.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act

United States Code Annotated

Title 15 Commerce and Trade

Chapter 50 Consumer Product Warranties 15 Section 2302

Sometimes the Sponge does not fill up all the way. As long as the chamber is full that is the main part. Be careful on the bit at the top, it needs to stay sealed. The ink can leak out if the seal is broken.

Source(s): Personal experience http://www.misterinkjet.com/warranty.htm
  • carm

When you refill these cartridges you must push the syringe to the bottom of the cartridge and push the ink slowly and slowly bring up the syringe, this will assure you a better filled sponge, also let it sit for 5 minutes, this will help you and good luck.

check out Canon Printer Help Section to