Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

ok I just burnt my finger on hair straighteners!?

k and now it is really red with a really White bit in the middle which is really sensitive to touch or to bend! What is this and what shall I do?

Favorite Answer

Run a flannel under cold water and wrap the flannal around the finger, Keep it there for at least 10 minutes.

I know alot of people say to run your finger under the cold tap for 10 minutes, but this can hurt, so the flannel method is easier.

Don't do the butter! The heat in the burn can cause it to 'fry'.

Hold it under cold running water for ATLEAST 10 minutes.

Failing that, wrap some ice/frozen peas in a clean tea-towel and hold it there for about 1/2 an hour.

On a more personal note: don't burn your finger on the straighteners.

Source(s): Lifeguard - got first aid qualification
  • Kelsey

Congratulations, you are the proud owner of a second degree burn! Running it under cold water will help sooth the pain temporarily. Unfortunately, there's not much else you can do. You could go to the drug store and but burn cream... sometimes that can help with the pain... but it's not necessary. It pretty much has to heal on its own. The blister will probably get bigger in a day or so. Don't pop it, as tempting as it might be.... if you open it up, it could get infection.

Source(s): nursing student

One of the oldest and best methods to help a burn is called Bag Balm. Don't go OOOh uggg. It works! It was used basically for cow udders, but I had 2nd and 3rd degree burns and after they did all the ugly stuff I thought it was ok to go out in the sun and got blisters. So used the Bag Balm in the Green Can it it calmed it and no scar. it is awsome stuff. KEEP it in the medicine cabinet at all times for just this occasion.

get your finger under a cold running tap, the burn is still travelling deeper into your skin.. if you cool your finger it should stop the swelling and stop it burning any further.. the white area is where blood has gathered under you skin, its called a blister, if it pops it will burst fluid.. nothing to worry about.. just keep it clean and let time do the rest

It is burnt and now dead skin that has produced a small pocket of liquide under it,,get it under a cold running tap for several minutes to take out the burn,,,,,

Is this a serious question?!

It's a blister!!! Don't run it under the cold tap, despite what people think this doesn't do it any good.

Potato peelings are soothing for a burn like this.

I' be sticking it in some ice, personally. Like a really tall glass of ice water.

If I had to go somewhere, I'd go buy some burn relief gel.

Source(s): If it's real bad, you need to get it checked out.

dont worry its just a blister im really clumsy i burn myself on the straightners all the time i just run a cloth under cold water and wrap it around my finger for a while then put a plaster on it it'l b gone in a week dont worry at least your hair looks good!!

Hi be more carefull when you use them next time, or buy one of those hairdryers that dry and straighten your hair at the same time.