Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

how do you cure a burned finger?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Stamp really hard on one of your big toes - REALLY REALLY HARD - at least you will forget the pain in your finger ...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

When you burn anything with anything, immediately put cold water or ice on it for about 10 minutes. Nothing else!!

However, since you have written this, it is a little late to do that.

If the skin isn't off the burn, merely apply some spray meant for sunburn, aloe, hydrocortisone cream, or any other analgesic to help stop the pain, cover with a bandaid and wait it out to heal. If you have a blister DO NOT PRICK THE BLISTER TO LET THE FLUID OUT!!!!!!!

Most people do not realize that fluid there is the body's defense against infection and to protect and heal the burn.

Cover it with gauze or bandaid and protect the area so the blister doesn't break. If it breaks on it's own, just keep it covered and keep the skin over the area.

To have the area with no skin over it is asking for a lot of trouble.....especially infection. In that case, keep triple antibiotic ointment on it and cover with bandaid. Don't get it wet....if you do, replace everything immediately.

It should heal without problems

I am an RN

P.S. Rubbing butter or any kind of oil on it is an old wives tale that has been handed down from grandma's day. Please, the grease will hold the heat in and cause it to heal very slowly and doesn't do a thing for the pain or healing.

• Amber
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

A chemical burn from a chemical straightener or a hot iron burn? If a temperature burn run the hand under cold water, do not put ice on it. Do this for several minutes. the tissue holds the temperature and continues to burn so you need to cool it off. Then use some burn ointment or triple antibiotic like Neosporing. Preferably with local anesthetic. Most of them do have the anesthetic now, look at the ingredients, it would be something that ends in "caine". Smear enough of the ointment on to seal the skin from air, it seems to help the pain if you don't expose it to air. I don't think anyone suggested it yet, but I saw it the other day so if they do, do NOT put butter on it. If it's a chemical burn keep flushing it under cold water for about 10 minutes and then go to the emergency room.

• 1 decade ago

Do not use butter or cold water. If it is a small burn, you can wrap your other hand around the burned finger. This will let the burn go back to normal temp and blistering will be lessened. After a few minutes, put some aloe vera on it.

If it is a second degree burn, Pour son distilled water on it and wrap it with a clean gauze.

If it is chared, you have a third degree burn. Go see a doctor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Get an aloe vera plant from wal mart and break open a leaf. Rub the gel gently on your finger a few times a day. A couple of advil will soothe the pain for now. And don't buy the aloe gel in a bottle - it doesn't work.

• 1 decade ago

Time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if first degree hold burn under cold water until little or no pain

if 2 degree blisters appear place under cold water until little pain once dry cover with gauze pad. dont open blisters. dont use any butter creams ointments or spray

if 3rd degree dont apply any butter cream ointment or spray wrap a clean sheet around wound go to er

Source(s): boyscout book
  • well you can't.

best thing to do is put ice or water on it to sooth it, and after a few days some skin will have grown back over it.

if it still hurts after a few days, maybe buy a cream for it like 'sudacrem'.

If it still continues to hurt, get it seen to.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Run your finger under some cold water... [it helped when i burned my arm, ironing]

• 1 decade ago

depends on how bad it is, if its a bad burn I would suggest you to go see the doc. However, just some burn cream and gently wrap it in some gauze thats what I always do.

• 1 decade ago

Well I burnt my whole palm because i grabbed on a staightner and i ran it under cold water and it really help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.