cc asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Why get rid of President Bush's Tax cuts?

Tax cuts are ment for people who pay taxes so why do people complain about the rich getting tax cuts. they pay the most to begin with. 9 out of 10 millionars are self made so why penalize them for doing well. Besides I've never been inployed by a poor person.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151...

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree, I'm amazed at the stupidity of people that still refuse to look at the facts. Fact is the wealthiest 10% pay 90% of the taxes in this country. So Rob (answer from above) your statement that the Rich should pay their fair share is a rediculous statement. I guess the wealthiest 10% paying 90% isn't good enough for you?

Another point that morons fail to understand, the Bush Tax cuts created more jobs, more business, and thus created record tax revenue coming into the federal government. If taxes are raised the economy will further slow and tax income will drop. So get to know that facts and quit spewing stupidity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is only cutting taxes for the wealthy. Did you see your checks get bigger all at once when the tax cuts were passed? I don't think so. Bush says he created jobs. For who? The illegals? The jobs are feferred to as McJobs. Why? Beacuse any dope can do them and they pay minimum wage. Don't be fooled by the fat guy behind the curtain. it is Karl Rove.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Their “fair” share? Since when is something equal when I pay say 11% but someone who achieves must pay 38%?

Since when is achievement punished in this Country? (I know the answer to that it’s a rhetorical question)

This is number 2 on the Communist Manifesto, (and few thinking people ever found communism fair);

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

Just something to think about.

chas

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • See, there is this "belief" (if you will) in business:

You can't spend more than you bring in.

Now, Bush is giving back money to everyone, begging for money for this STUPID war, wanting to DOUBLE the aid we give to Africa countries for AIDS relief, and then do all of the domestic supplimental plans and programs. We have a TRILLION + dollar deficit in our budget. And he wants to CUT taxes?

It just doesn't make sense to me. You can't spend and spend, and then cut the amount of money you bring in. THIS is merely one of the problems I have with the Bush Administration. But it is the most frustrating to me because it is so LOGICAL and BASIC.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is the push from the left. Democrats define the rich as someone that makes more than 75,000 per year. We need even bigger tax cuts. Time for government to stop being the wallet for those that squandered their education and opportunities.

• larkin
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

"Your account is suspended" is not correct in saying the the top 10% income earners paid 90% of the total taxes.

The last year for which we have numbers is 2005, and for that fiscal year, the top 10% paid 70.30% of the total income tax revenues.

Their average tax rate was 18.84%

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

you are so right. i hear people blast Big Business and they fail to realize that this is what provides jobs and food on the table...who do they think will provide jobs if all of them are taxed to death and go broke..their job is to make a profit for shareholders...which we can all become if smart enough.

the government can't take of everyone especially if no one works anymore.

i wish i were that smart to have and run a big company and make huge profits. it is call capitalism and a free market..the concepts that build America.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And you never will be employed by a poor person if the Rich ever get their way. They'll never be able to 'pull' themselves up by their bootstraps.

Whatever happened to the Republican notion of fiscal responsibility? Bu$h's tax cuts are similar to giving a starving man a Red Bull energy drink instead of giving him a well balanced meal in the form of a wage boost.

They earn more, they should pay their fair share.

• 3 years ago

Uh, what have been the data at that element? you have found out that data have replaced. The Bush administration have allowed the economic marketplace to rape us. Then Polson pronounced "he does no longer convey regret" for no longer putting the money to apply as they pronounced they might. The inventory marketplace crashed. the vehicle marketplace got here in with the hat in hand. 500 million jobs have been lost in a million month. 9 Trillion money on the grounds that June 15, 2008 have been lost in the inventory marketplace. You do comprehend it quite is 401, IRA & Pensions. Now wait. one extra significant ingredient. DAMMIT BUSH continues to be PRESIDENT~ we are in a recession & if it weren't for what they did in the 30's with the great melancholy, we'd be IN A melancholy. What we found out from the melancholy is: TAX will advance will extend a economic device it quite is in concern. What i'm attempting to declare and leaving out countless different data that could desire to make my case extra suitable is whilst the data substitute you (in case you have any experience) you may desire to look & see in the adventure that your STANCE could desire to be the comparable. The data have replaced. From undesirable to plenty WORSE!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.