promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I'm performing tomorrow at a large event. What colors of eyeshadow would be stage friendly?

The stage lighting is going to be brighter than, same hues, the lighting shown here:

http://www50.brinkster.com/svoight/MyPictures/stag...

Update:

My costume is black and red, if it matters.

(It's the biggest show we've ever done so I want to be sure to look nice!) ;-)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If your performing on stage, ur going to want your makeup to be dramatic. I perform every year on stage at my dance recital, and it's a really big thing so our makeup has to look PERFECT. This is what i do every year: start off with your normal founation and concealer. Use a black eye liner, if you can in liquid(i wouldn't recomend it though if you'v never used it) shade the lower waterline and the upper lash line. Next add just a little liner in the outer corner of you'r upper water line. Use smoky shades for your eyes like golds and browns for eyeshadow. Start with the lightest shade, like a sand, and highlight your entire lid. Put the medium shade on the lid only going up to the crease, and lightly blend. Using the darkest shade, apply to lashline and outer corner of eyes. Next for cheeks, use a pinkish/bronzish blush. Apply to apples of cheeks and and up the jaw bone. Don't use too much, but you definately need enough so youwon't look white and pale on stage. Again, this should look a little dramatic. For the lips i would go with a mostly sheer gloss- maybe with a slight tint of color like pinks or reds.

I hope this helped!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you're performing at an event on state, you'll want to wear dark makeup, because you need to make your eyes stand out. I'd go with a dark eyeliner and maybe a sparkly eyeshadow. Stila makes some nice ones.

• 1 decade ago

well, if its on a stage that big and far from the audience, pile it on! blush is a major thing so u will look flushed and healthy! just sparkly sort of clear eyeshadow is fine it makes ur eyes look big and wide. use extreme black OR extreme white eyeliner in the inner kind of place for ur lashline. a nice victorias secret lip stain in nubile will look nice:) swipe on 5 coats mascara...mor than usual! if u hav a chance, and ur bak stage, bring along a pak of makeup removers and lightly swipe ur face until the makeup u put on looks natural!

good luk wit ur performance!

Source(s): i do dance, so al lot of stages involved! except... our makeup is crzy! lol
  • MnM
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

On stage you should always wear this give some if it is a flashy show:

-foundation(Maximum amount to really darken face)

-eyeliner

-black mascara

-pink or orange blush]

-black eyeshadow along the outerim of eyes (light for impact)

-redish-mauve subtle lipstick

-hair out of face

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Suggest a smoky eye, in a brown or gray combo.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

definately not pink!! it makes your eyes sink in and look small.

but not too dark either. go a shimmery nougat color all over, and line your eyes with a mahogany/brown colour. that will go with any skin tone.

good luck! xx

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

oooooooooooooh!that's a nice auditorium thingy!=) i suggest dark make up because there is already bright lighting so you don't want your face to look that light and pail right?lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.