Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why doesn't McCain pimp out his son, who just returned from Iraq?

He doesn't even talk about him. Why is that?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • T-Bone
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

To answer your question;

McCain doesn't need his son to establish his military background, war hero status, and sacrifices for country. BTW McCain's son is a Democrat that has stated he would vote for his father if he is the Republican nominee.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic...

McCain has spoken publicly about Jimmy only once. In response to questions from Time magazine in June, as his son prepared for boot camp, he said, "I'm obviously very proud of my son, but also understandably a little nervous." After the interview, the magazine reported, McCain tried to get the story killed.

His reluctance to publicly discuss his thoughts about his son going to Iraq is a sign of decency, said Timberg, a fellow Annapolis graduate and Vietnam veteran. But there is another reason, common to fathers with sons in war.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I read an article about McCain and his Marine son who is just back from an 8 month stint in Iraq. McCain is very proud of him since his son didn't use his dad's influence to become an officer but instead enlisted. McCain doesn't drag his Marine son into his campaign because he has too much character to do something like that. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for McCain's politics but give the man his due.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He already won the nomination in all but name only, and his war veteran status has never been in question (even Karl Rove couldn't spin that one, he used a secret black child to smear McCain).

I'm sure under different circumstances he'd be willing to pimp out his son if his son was willing to go along with it and it was politically advantageous for him to do so. Right now it's not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is giving his son a CHOICE on whether to enter the campaign or not. Maybe the young man needs a rest before he jumps is.

Hillary is still pimping Chelsea and you can tell that she is not that comfortable in the spotlight. Won't even take questions from kids...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wouldn't it be cool if he pimped out his son for money (you know like fundraising). Oh wait, thats already been done by a lowlife democrat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He doesn't have to pimp out his son to try and convince voters to vote for him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Give his son, a rest, he's worn out from bullets and being pimped by his Daddy for Bushit's War

• Lisa W
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

McCain is running for office, not his son.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

McCain has too much class for that.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe his son doesn't support the war.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.