promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

I've heard of stuffed eggplant and stuffed green pepper, is there a recipe for stuffed tomato?

Update:

Thank you!!!

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What!!?? Why not just boot our heads off? why not just blow our heads away with a 45? why not just stomp us to death? Or for fun just pour fire ants all over us or douse us with gasoline? What is wrong with you people? some nice water-boarding huh, not fun enough for ya?

On top of that someone had the nerve to say Hot tomato was BORing!! what would you da^^n well do with your recipes then huh? where's your lousy stuffed tomatoes and pizza now huh? your marinara sauce?

if you head south, you had better have your "death by plant" insurance all paid up.

Source(s): ok, i will admit that ontario tomatoes taste better, but that's a good thing. oh yeah, bring lots of them hostess chocolate cuppy cakes things as an appeasment to the Tomato Gods. they do like stuffed "varmits" down here.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Mexican Stuffed Tomatoes

6 lg Firm-ripe tomatoes

1 lb Ground chuck

1 lg Onion, chopped (1 cup)

1 Clove garlic, minced

1 pk (1 1/8 ounce) taco seasoning

-mix

1 1/2 ts Salt

3/4 ts Chili powder

3/4 c Water

1/2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese

3 c Shredded Iceberg lettuce

1 pk (6 1/2 ounces) taco chips

Instructions:

1. Cut a thin slice from top of each tomato. Scoop out centers with

teaspoon, being careful not to break shells. Turn upside down on paper

toweling to drain. Coarsely chop slices from tops to make 1 cup (use

scooped-out tomato pulp, if necessary)

2. Brown meat with onion and garlic in a large skillet. Pour off any pan

drippings from skillet. Add taco seasoning mix, salt, chili powder, water

and the 1-cup chopped tomatoes. Bring mixture to boiling; simmer,

uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has

evaporated. Cool.

3. Place tomato shells cut-side up in a shallow baking dish just large

enough to hold them snugly. Fill with meat mixture.

4. Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for 20 minutes or until shells are

somewhat soft, but do not fall apart. Top each tomato with shredded

cheese;bake an additional 5 minutes.

5. Serve on lettuce; top with 1 cup of the taco chips. Serve with remaining

chips.

• 1 decade ago

INGREDIENTS

1 large tomato

1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked

4 teaspoons mayonnaise

1 tablespoon chopped celery

1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt

DIRECTIONS

Cut tomato in half through the stem. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in shell. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fill tomato shells with tuna mixture; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here's one I like for brunch.

Canadian Greek

Use very large tomatoes for best result

Tangy feta cheese

Spanish Onion

Calabera peppers

Jalapeno to your taste

One Egg whisked with 1Tbsp 18% cream

add salt and fresh ground peppercorns

garlic dash of Tabasco to egg and cream and whisk

Chop veggies very small which means smaller than diced.

Slice the top off the tomato scoop and don't use the innards for this recipe or it will be soggy

Mix all the ingredients together add basil or any other herbs you like

Pour the egg mixture into tomato 3/4full

add veggies to over flow and bake for 20min or until egg is cooked to your liking.

Top with grated feta or if you prefer fresh parmigiana or some other stinky cheese and sliced black olives and serve at once.

If you mean Florida tomatoes

Skip everything I just said and toss the tomato back where you found it.

Buy a box of Hostess cuppy cakes and you're laughing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

When I was growing up, we always had them stuffed with a mixture of fresh bread crumbs (pieces of bread torn into pieces), butter, garlic, and shredded cheddar cheese - stuff into tomatoes that have the insides spooned out, and then bake about 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.

You can also have cold stuffed tomatoes with tuna salad, chicken salad, or something like that. I also like them stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, grated onion, a little blue cheese, milk to soften, worcestershire sauce, salt/pepper, with a little chopped pecan sprinkled on top or mixed in.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The recipes offered here, like so much from America trying to cover up tasteless supermarket food, is not the way to go.

First find your tomatoes...I'm talking outdoor grown muck fed organic tomatoes. For a large one, just saw off the top with a serrated knife and spoon out that delicious inside (unlike what you will find in the supermarket object.) Shall we just add some chopped garlic, some chopped fresh basil, and either boiled buckwheat or brown rice, and pop it back in the fruit. Then into a hot oven for twenty minutes drenched olive oil.

That is the way my friend, and you can forget any other!

Source(s): From the kitchen of The FamousRussian Tavern http://www.butehotel.com
  • 1 decade ago

I don't normally type out recipes. I refer you to Allrecipes.com. You can pick the ones that appeal to you.

You don't say if you want them raw, like stuffed with a salad. Chicken or salmon or crab salad are all good.

Or cooked, stuffed with rice and cheese. Or green tomatoes stuffed with seasoned ground pork and baked.

How about peeled Roma type tomatoes stuffed with Mozzerela cheese rolled in flour then dipped in batter and deep fried like those Jalapeno poppers. The flour helps the batter stick to the tomato.

• 1 decade ago

Unlike peppers and eggplant, tomatoes can only cook for a short time or they fall apart. Tomatoes are often stuffed cold, with cold salads - tuna, shrimp, tabbouleh, etc. For hot dishes, they are usually stuffed with garlicky breadcrumbs and herbs, etc, or sauteed veggies that are fully cooked before stuffing the tomato.

Here's a nice recipe for pesto stuffed tomatoes: http://healthycooking.suite101.com/article.cfm/stu...

• 1 decade ago

Take 12 medium tomatoes, cut off the tops (so it can be put back on later) Remove the centers of the tomatoes with a Mellon ball er, put in fridge while you prepair "stuffing". Cook 1 lb. ground turkey, and 1 ld ground beef and stir in large skillet on medium heat until cooked thou-rally, add several cloves of garlic (to taste), 1/4 cup red onion, smidgen of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add 1/2 cup grated ramono cheese, and 16+ oz. of cream cheese, to meat when cooked properly, take tomatoes out of fridge, scoop in generous amount of meat and cheese, top with more cheese, put in oven on 375until cheese is melted and browning on top. Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes, place top back on and serve

• 1 decade ago

The stuffed tomato's I'm use to have tuna salad in them. Cottage cheese is good also.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.