Can someone help me with the following issue with Windows Movie Maker or reccomend a free video editor.......

Hi, I have recently purchased a Hitachi HDD camcorder which records in Mpeg 2 format. I have successfully filmed with the camcorder, uploaded the files to the computer and played them. Now i want to edit them together. I have used Windows Movie Maker for a number of years and wanted to use that but when i import... show more Hi,

I have recently purchased a Hitachi HDD camcorder which records in Mpeg 2 format. I have successfully filmed with the camcorder, uploaded the files to the computer and played them. Now i want to edit them together. I have used Windows Movie Maker for a number of years and wanted to use that but when i import the clip into movie maker either by dragging it and dropping it in or by going to import i get this error message. "File Name and Location.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from.

Now i would like to know if this error could be fixed. I have tried to convert the files using some free video convertors with not much success. I have also tried some shareware video editors Wax 2.0 and AVS video editor which seem good but are shareware products so are not much good as they come out with a watermark over the video. So is there anyother free video editors out there, a fix for Windows Movie Maker or a free decent video convertor i could u