I having POF, can I have children?

S.O.S.

Does having POF mean that I’ll be infertile or unable to have children?

• Favorite Answer

Having POF most likely does mean you are infertile. However, this is really something you need to discuss with your MD. Since your ovaries are no longer functioning, you likely do not have viable eggs. You can have a baby if you have in vitro fertilization using donor eggs. You would still be able to experience pregnancy, birth and mothering.

Was you POF caused by an underlying condition? If so, this condition may make it difficult for you to become or stay pregnant. Speak to your endocrinologist or a fertility specialist about the specifics of your case. While it is most likely that you are infertile, options may exist. Medical science is changing daily!

I'm sorry for your Dx. I don't know too much about POF. But remember that if for some reason you are unable to give birth to your own children, their is always private adoption, or adoption from Foster Care (which is free) Their are SOOO many wonderful Babies (even newborns) & children who need loving and caring mommys/fmailies. Just an idea. Good luck to you!

Source(s): Mommy to 5 ( 3 Bio & 2 adopted) Foster parent to many, and Prego with # 4

Its something kind of like pre mature menopause (post ovarian failure), if you have the early stages (it develops over time) of it then there still is a possibility for you to have children, but if its fully developed then your chances of getting pregnant are very very slim.

Source(s): 17 weeks w#1

Have you gone to the dr's to see if you can use Clomid or other infertility drugs? My mom had this and she was still able to conceive...good luck!