Can Mall Security Kick Me out For Throwing My Hat?

Me and My Friends(6 ppl). Were Walking threw anna and taylors to get to the mall(from Outside) and My friend took my hat and threw it to my other Friend...A mall cop then told them to stop And my Friend was throwing My hat back to me and the Mall cop Came and told us We had to leave...I told him"Your Not aloud to Do this just for throwing a hat back!!" well he said " I am the supervisor rite Now so what I say goes"(he looked like he was In high school) so we were pretty mad because we got tickets for a movie and we couldn't watch it because it was part of the mall and If we Did Go back in the mall we were told we would get arrested...

So Do you think this is rite...?

We Were stopping after the warning i just wanted my hat back and my friend threw it...

Best Answer

Yes. A mall is a private facility and the manager has the right to decide who they want in the mall and not, short of blaitant discrimination. The same way that you have the right to throw a guest off of your own property.

If you are asked you GOTTA GO!! If you are in Canada you could be charged under The Petty Trespass Act.

Teach you youngster's not to joke around and take other folk's space for granted won't it??

And just because he is a "mall" cop, do not forget that he has the power of arrest and detention.

The mall is a privately owned business and they have the right to ask you to leave, especially if you were breaking rules, causing trouble or increasing their risk of paying an insurance liability.

You need to act responsibly in public. The world isn't your private playground, kid.

A Mall is not your personal playground. If you want to have a game of catch, go to the park.

They have every right to deny entrance to a group of rowdy youngsters with no brains and big mouths.

And, he is ALLOWED (note spelling) to keep you from coming in if, in his estimation, you are misbehaving. That's why the businesses in the Mall hire security.... That's his job.

You guys were acting like a bunch of jerks and Mall security can throw your sorry butts out if they choose.

Yes