Can you find out who called you if it is private?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
There are these people who keep calling me and my sis and they make their calls private by doing *65 or something like that and keep harrassing us over the phone. They even did it to ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
We had a telemarketer who had constantly kept calling, somewhat like harassing and it was a PRIVATE number. I mean these people were insane they would call throughout the night 1,2,3,4,5 in the morning I mean insane, but even if they aren't that insane in your case what you have to do is call your phone company and explain to them the situation they will view your calling history and see the caller as private they have the ability to see who it is however they can not release the information with you, what they can do is block the caller from calling or change your number. I know this is not that much of a help but this is the best they can probably do, I say give it a shot and see what happens, I truly do not know what posses these people.

Good Luck!!

Hope this HELPS!!!SOS!!!

Source:

Verizon, Phone Technician, Personal Expierence

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
thanks! it was very helpful!
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (9)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Terry G answered 6 years ago
    You can't unless you get the police involved!! Just blocking a number from caller ID is not a crime! It is done by dialing *67 before the number you call. I believe it works with most cell carriers...I have Alltel, and it works with it!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Waffles. answered 6 years ago
    lol nice shannon. its *67 then you dial the number. i guess if your really pissed you could call the cops and try to trace it next time he/she calls, oh and you can request with your phone company not to exept blocked or private calls thats what my home phone is
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • *~Josy~* answered 6 years ago
    if u talk to the phone company u can request that private numbers not go through. so either they would have to show their number or not call.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • i <3 bears answered 6 years ago
    i haven't figured it out yet. >:( same thing happens to me but in the very middle of the night.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • amber c answered 6 years ago
    They did *67 to block their number.
    And usually you'd press *69 to get the number but since its private you cant unless they keep calling and you get the police involved, or you can just have them trace the call for you!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • rick answered 6 years ago
    no
    • 1
    • Comment
  • sweet answered 6 years ago
    I do NOT believe so..But to be sure contact your phone company...They oughta know...maybe!!!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Lydiia<3 answered 6 years ago
    i have verizon, wht only works with verizon?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ???Shannon??? answered 6 years ago
    You can't that's the beauty of it MWAH HAHA
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock