how much does my car weigh stock?

i need to find a web site that tells me exactly how much my car weighs, does any body know a web site that will tell me that?... it's a 1993 pontiac firebird, some body please help i just got to know...

Favorite Answer

The 1993 Firebird came in two body styles: the coupe and convertible. The coupe weighs 3311lbs (1505kg) and the convertible weighs 3481lbs (1582kg).

Weight will of course be further determined by the powertrain configuration. Whether you have a V6 or V8 and whether it has a manual or automatic gearbox will add to the above figures.

Hope this was some help.

Go to your car and open the door. Look at the plate fixed there. It will say something like, maximum load: 700 lbs. This is the passenger load you can carry. Below that it will state something along the lines of gross vehicle weight: 4200 lbs. Subtract the max load from the max loaded weight and you have 3500 lbs.

I just made up the figures of course, but this is the best method outside of actually weighing your car. I was surprised to see my wifes v6 Mustang weighs 3640 lbs according to Ford.

You have you answer I see...

But if you want to know how much your car weighs now

go to the nearest truck stop with a Cat scale or Scale

Pull up on the scale split the front block and center block

click the button the clerk will come on

Say "1st Weigh"

if they ask for company name give them your last name or something odd

if they ask for the vehicle number say 93 or 007

They have to have them to print out.

They will say ok pull up to the building go in pay 7.00 or 8.00 see what it weigh's

if you want to see with yourself in the car pull back on to the scale do it again but get in the car or stand on the door sill

Just say "2nd weigh" give them ticket number of the 1st. will onlt cost a 1.00 more...

Unless you know where a farm scale is..

how much does a 1990 toyota camry weight

• Mr. G

look in car manual if available, should tell shipping weight for that model