T-Bone
Lv 7
T-Bone asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why is former Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega endorsing Obama?

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/02/14/america/...

"It's not to say that there is already a revolution under way in the U.S. ... but yes, they are laying the foundations for a revolutionary change," the Sandinista leader said Wednesday night as he accepted an honorary doctorate from an engineering university.

Ortega led a Soviet-backed government that battled U.S.-supported Contra rebels before he lost power in a 1990 election. He returned to office last year via the ballot box.

What say you?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he wants a job.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Noah H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I guess the folks in his country thought he was the best man for the job...democracy in action. I suspect that somehow we're suppose to believe that Obama is a commie by the tone of the 'question'....I know that some of the right wing radio bozos have said as much. Mark Lavine called him a 'Marxist'.....no kiddin'...a Marxist. Of course all that is libel and slander and the 'bearing of false witness'. Why not just support whoever you think is the best person...let us know why. Dock the swift-boat, pay off the crew and stop dealing in propaganda. What do YOU say?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because Bush's daddy was involved in a war against him in the '80's (remember?). This is one more case of Bush and Reagan's chickens coming home to roost. Ortega hates Bush and the GOP as much as Bush hated the Iraqis for trying to assassinate Bush Sr. It can only lead to new problems in our relations with Latin America.

The crap from the old days just keeps on giving.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fix your statement with:

US supported -rapist and murderer filled- Contra forces

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.