promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Ive been scammed - ebay!?

So i purchased 2 playstation 3 60gb consoles on ebay from 2 different sellers. Well, after making a payment i get an email from ebay insisting that i do not make the payment as there is something up with the sellers account, (a bit too late), and then during this week buyers who also bought a ps3 from the other seller emailed me saying they received nothing nor a refund, so ive been scammed twice this week!!! So i was wondering, if i call the credit card company and say it was a fraudulant transaction, should i say it was unauthorised or should i say i paid for something and did not receive it? Im afraid i wont get the funds back if i say i paid for an item through ebay and did not receive it? or should i say it was unauthorised???

Update:

one seller had 15 positive feedback and no negetives, the other seller had 89 positive feedbacks where did i go wrong? i emailed the buyers and asked if they received anything and nothing, i paid through paypal!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your first option is through paypal.

DO NOT say that you didn't authorize the transaction b/c you did, and once they confirm that (which they can) they will drop your case like a hot potato.

I can't make much sense of what happened from your post, but both e-bay and paypal have separate dispute measures.

You also should have purchased the insurance for the shipment and NEVER deal with a seller who won't...that protects you both.

The correct term is: You paid for something you did not receive.

Make sure you have the printouts saved, confirmation numbers of where you paid on paypal, as they should have not only popped up on the screen, but paypals sends a confirmation as well.

Ebay and paypal are both very good at backing up their transactions.

If you paid through paypal those people DO NOT have your credit card information.

Source(s): Realtor...see profile for more.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You need to file a complaint with Paypal first. File and item not recd for both items and escalate them to a claim right away...that's when paypal gets involved to recover your money. If these sellers only offered $200 in protection, that's all you might get back from each.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't take it to your credit cards yet. Have ebay reverse the transaction. They are the responsible ones for allowing a fraudulent sale to take place on their system.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You gotta be carefull on ebay. this stuff happens every day.

You need to get information on the seller, and make sure other people have been successfull in their purchases from the seller.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i know how that goes,if you payed thru Paypal you should be able to make a claim with them.so pick the option of paid for item and did not receive.

Source(s): Ebay's help page
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

this sounds like nonsence to me..I really don't believe you have been in contact with other buyers who told you that they didn't get anything...

You didn't bother to check the seller reputation?

Also, start using paypal.

• 1 decade ago

yes contact your paypal and they should reinburse you or call the credit card company and say it was fradulent. PS3 rocks!! u can get on the internet on ur living room tv!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You shouldve looked at the sellers profile.

• 1 decade ago

I say just tell the truth. They will probably put the money back into your Pay-Pal Account.

• 1 decade ago

if you used paypall theres 500£ buyer protection so your safe ,...if you used any other method the moneys gone :(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.