How can I find out if Tx will go to another state 1500 miles away to pick up an inmate that is wanted?

for probation violation? they said they will, but want to find out if they really will.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • IN PO
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If they say they will, they will...especially in Texas...

Unless a person is wanted for murder or a significant felony, I'd be surprised if they send Texas Rangers 1500 miles to actively hunt the person down... A probation violation would tend to make me think they would not go searching for the person, but you never know... Texas Rangers are legendary for getting who they're after...

If the person is picked up by local law enforcement, though, and Texas says they'll extradite him, they'll come and get him/her from the local jail...

Source(s): 12 years as an Indiana probation officer...and 3+ years working in the Texas judicial system...
  • 1 decade ago

Won't know until the person is picked up by another agency and even then they may chose not to travel that distance to extradite. Depends on the circumstances as well.

• 1 decade ago

If the extradition limits of the warrant cover the area he is in, then they have to, by law. Also understand, that once you engage in an "unlawful flight to avoid prosecution" the statute of limitations will be suspended, and the warrant will be there indefinately, and there will be another charge.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They have to find him first

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They will.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.