What is processed chicken?

I have just been told that subway uses processed chicken. How can it not be a real chicken? & wtf am I eating.

• Ian M
    Favorite Answer

It's real chicken but only just !

The carcase is separated into various joints. The breast fillets sell for the highest prices. Lots of people enjoy the legs.

When all the worthwhile meat has been removed from the carcase then machines are used to separate what's left from the bones. This is processed to become what you call processed chicken,

I would not feed this to my dog.

Ian M

Like McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are processed chicken, chicken that is mechanically separated, bits and pieces that are put together that make a McNugget or the Chicken sandwich from Jack in the Box

You're basically eating what it says below. I found this on wikipedia.org. So, are you planning on going back to subway?

Typically, the muscle tissue (breast, legs, thigh, etc), livers, hearts, and gizzard are processed for food. Chicken feet are commonly eaten, especially in French cuisine. The head, internal organs such as the lungs and intestines, and feathers are typically mixed in with various other meat like pork and beef for resturants.

Processed chicken is chicken roll. It is made from chicken and additives like MSG. You have likely seen it in the deli dept of your supermarket.

I think I read that McDonald's Chicken selects and the BK Broiler are rocessed chicken too.

Think of it as a large chicken frank.

Don't worry, it's still chicken. We live in an age where machines do most of the work. Gone are the days when Grandma picked out her worst layer and chopped off it's head and plucked and gutted it by hand before plopping it in the pot!..:)

Its a bit gross........... but ,bits and pieces of the chicken are cooked and the ground into a paste...then formed in certain shapes....such as patties and "Nuggets"

contrary to popular belief the roast beef at hardies is done in the same manner...but it is formed into the shape of a roast that is then shaved.....

It is crap. It is rubbery. It is chicken by products. It is leftover chicken that is processed together to form crap. Most fast food places use it.

its mushed up nasty chicken from a machine