Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

How much would my Grandma be worth?

at the Antiques Roadshow.

She's in fair condition. Should I consider a restoration?

Which booth would I take her to in order to get her appraised?

I was going to mention something about her cracks... but I think that would be too much information.

Best Answer

Is she still sexually active?

She'll be worth a lot more if you "papoose" your 2 1/2 year old daughter on her back...

I here the Eskimos will pay a pretty penny for that kind of combo...

They need them to help them club cute little furry white baby seals to death...

In order to sell the seal meat to lonely oil company exploration workers in need of a more "blubbery" diet...

In order to better service the plump Eskimo wives they purchased for a song, and some soap carvings whittled into the shape of polar bears...

And you can tell Grandma that she'll be doing her part to further global warming along...so you can catch a break from all this cold, and get a nice suntan for the spring...

I worship you as a Saint...your love for your family knows no bounds...I wish I was Grandma...some people have all the luck...

hmm if you take her to one of the booths with the Sotheby's dealers, the going rate for a Granny with no prior restorations is about 13 euros. They do not give American dollars for Grandmas in the US. It has something to do with fair trade laws. I'm not a pro in the field, but you can get all of the information you need at:

http://www.sothebys.com/

EDIT: Joey raises a good point.

Source(s): PBS

Take her to be appraised first in your area, see if there are any minor touch-ups to deal with, then off to the Memorabilia table in the convention center.

I want to see you in the end of the show, shaking her wildly above your head yelling "woo-hoo!"

Source(s): Are you drinking? Serious answers only.

Don't do any restoring..if I've learned anything from antiques roadshow, it's not to do any restoring, it'll lower her value.

Source(s): ...did I just admit I know what antiques roadshow is outloud? (shudders) THERES NOTHING ELES ON TV ON THE WEEKENDS! Thanks Jay, you're so wise, it was when I didn't pay the cable bill...shhh

your grandma would be worth as much as your mother without her there wouldn't be your mother and you wouldn't be here be nice to her while she's still alive you will get blessing that way and you'll never know she might have left you some fortune if she feels that you deserve them.

I'd say at least $75.00....maybe she could pull a cart or sweep up or something.

I bet she has a lovely patina.

Source(s): I hope it isn't veneer. Hey, if her veneer is worn does she have veneereal disease?

aj there is plenty on tv, get up and change the channel.

i don't think they take grandmas. I tried taking mine there.....