Since the Bible is supposedly the inerrant word of God?

Then how are the countless contradictions and scientific/historical errors, etc explained away? Is God to blame for being ignorant/unintelligent or is it the human writers? Not to mention, the fact that the Bible has gone through many translations where words and phrases don't work in one language where they do... show more Then how are the countless contradictions and scientific/historical errors, etc explained away? Is God to blame for being ignorant/unintelligent or is it the human writers? Not to mention, the fact that the Bible has gone through many translations where words and phrases don't work in one language where they do in another, or that the contents were decided upon (many rejected) by human men with their own agenda. Who is to blame for that and how can it be inerrant in that case? If God did write all of it, wouldn't the person who rejected certain books be struck down by lightning (like everyone else in the Bible) for taking away from what was already written? Jesus even says in Revelation "Anyone who adds to or takes away from (the word of God), so shall his name be removed from the Book of Life." That there says those people won't be going to heaven.
Update: Erin C, yes I have read the Bible from cover to cover many times because I was raised Christian and sent to Christian schools. I am not the only one who has found these contradictions. The list is just too long to post. Genesis has two completely different creation stories. Job describes birds and bats as being... show more Erin C, yes I have read the Bible from cover to cover many times because I was raised Christian and sent to Christian schools. I am not the only one who has found these contradictions. The list is just too long to post.

Genesis has two completely different creation stories. Job describes birds and bats as being the same thing which science disagrees with. Ancient Romans and Egyptians were meticulous recordkeepers, yet there is no record of plagues, a mass group leaving Egypt, or anyone fitting Jesus's description creating havoc in Jerusalem, or even a census around the time of Jesus's birth. According to archaeologists, towns such as Jericho and Nazareth were not occupied at the time that Bible claims they were. Unless the Earth is flat, it is impossible for anyone to see the four corners of the world from any vantage point, as the Bible claims that Satan showed to Jesus from a high mountain.
Update 2: As far as words that have been mistranslated, KJV says "do not suffer a witch to live" while modern translations say "poisoner" instead. The word used in the Greek text is pharmacia which not the equivalent of a witch. Another is "virgin" (someone never having had sex) vs... show more As far as words that have been mistranslated, KJV says "do not suffer a witch to live" while modern translations say "poisoner" instead. The word used in the Greek text is pharmacia which not the equivalent of a witch.

Another is "virgin" (someone never having had sex) vs "young woman" in regards to Mary.
16 answers 16