Good ways to start a conversation with a guy you've never talked to before? If you're shy? ?

Sorry this is in the wrong section, I just wanted some girls to answer because I wasn't getting much in the other section. Anyway I'm in highschool and I want to talk to a guy, but I'm shy around guys and I don't know how to start a conversation without it seeming out of place. We only have one... show more Sorry this is in the wrong section, I just wanted some girls to answer because I wasn't getting much in the other section.

Anyway I'm in highschool and I want to talk to a guy, but I'm shy around guys and I don't know how to start a conversation without it seeming out of place. We only have one class and we're on opposite sides of the room and I can't switch seats.

I see him at lunch sometimes, but he has his friends and I have mine. And we usually sit in diff. cafeterias.

Anyway I'm shy and have no guy experience whatsoever, not even guy friends. I want to start small with just having some guy friends, so how can I do this without it seeming out of place?? I'm just so shy, what do you other ladies do??

And what are guys attracted to? Just wondering what some good ways to act are. And I won't change myself, I'm just curious about your own experiences.

So please give me ways to talk to them, looks they like, and how to not be shy and step outside of my comfort zone! :}