aeamoz
aeamoz asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

for Muslims who aren't born Muslims, what is the main reason that u convert to Islam?

I mean a specific situation ... reason

I'm a born Muslim

alhamdulillah الحمد لله

Best Answer

i think people who are not to commited to their religion, or are doubtful, convert to islam, because its such a solid faith. alhamdulillah i was born muslim too, but people who convert have more of a love for it, because its such a wonderful thing to discover, instead of being taught it.

I stumbled accross Islam unexpectidly. Actually, I was a practicing Catholic at the time. I made a few Muslim friends and although I was confident in my religion, something was missing so I always had an open mind when hearing about other religions. I always felt something was not right with Christianity; nothing was ever clear and I never got the full answers I was looking for. Never, that is until I studied Islam. There I found all the answers I needed. It was like a breath of fresh air and I fell in love overnight! Once I started reading I couldnt stop reading, and asking questions; I still cant and Inshallah I will never stop wanting to absorb more and more knowledge. I took my shahadah about a month ago and I am now learning salat. It has been a struggle, as theres almost no muslims where I live and I cant even tell my family/friends that I've converted, at least not yet. I will tell them inshallah once I feel I have enough knowledge to support anyones questions/concerns/critisizm. Anyways, Islam is the true religion and the Quran holds all the answers one can think of. I thank Allah that he revealed Islam to me and I feel so blessed that he helped me discover the truth. I know that Allah loves me and I know now my purpose in life is only and only to worship him and follow his teachings and the teachings of Muhammad (pbuh). Alhamdulilah!

I converted for numerous reasons...the most important of which is because I wanted a closer relationship with God. The way I saw other Muslims commit to Islam was so powerful. Their devotion was (is) never shaken. And InshAllah one day I will be a knowledgable as others are in the beautiful and peaceful religion of Islam.

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Well, quite simply, after studying Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, I found that I believed Islam to be true. I accept it on an intellectual, emotional, and spiritual level. The supreme and simple logic of Tauheed convinced me. Lots more to it of course, but that is the essence.

Fi Aman Allah,

Nancy Umm Abdel Hamid

Asalaam Alakium...

Boy ohhhh Boy, Aren't you "asking it" this evening?

Before I start let me say this: La ilaha il Allah, Muhammad-ur-Rasool-Allah, In English :There is NO Other God but God (Allah), (..and I bear witness that) Muhammad is the Messenger/Prophet of Allah.

NOW, THAT Being said, let me share this... I always knew Growing up in Serveral Churches that there was TRUTH in what I was hearing, but the messages and the interpretations that were given to me NEVER satisfied me. Father a Baptist and my mom a Seventh-Day Adventist... I got a little bit of everything. One day I asked a friend (Muslim Friend) some questions about Islam (why do you go to the store room and pray many times a day, what is a Muslim etc etc)

One day he brought me a Quran that had the Translation, The Transliteration (for thos whom don't know Arabic in Roman letters)and the English. I looked it over a bit and put it away.

THIS IS THE PART I DO NOT EVEN LIKE TELLING EVEN MUSLIMS.. because the kinda laugh at me... but here goes.

I had been VERY sick for sometime and almost died a time or 2 from surgery and then later a bowel obstruction so I was sedated quite heavy for a while, I kept having a dream about a HUGE rock LONG, Large, Flat across the top everyone and me all dressed in white, kinda like a movie theatre with that divider rope as you go in the theatre that keep you in the ticket line and we all were walking around it inside this round (interior) HUGE room. I never put much more thought into it.. I had another surgery on my knee and had to stay at my mom's for 9 months for rehab, my mom is a Televison Junkie now she's retired and she was flipping thru the channels and I saw it again! MOM..MOM turn it back, she did I only caught the last few minutes later called the network and found out what the program was about and had a friend of mine at the local school system look into it for me. He told me it was the Dome Of The Rock. (WHAT ROCK!??) ..He told me about the Jew and Christian Verson and then this According to Islamic tradition, the rock is the spot from where Muhammad ascended to Heaven accompanied by the angel Gabriel.

Well Muslims probably would be wearing all white I guess..

After that I began to do some reading the Quran and the History of Islam.. and it just drew me in...

these things caught my eye. Quran 5:69 says (Arberry): "Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness--their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow." - "In other words, the Quran promises Christians and Jews along with Muslims that if they have faith and works, they need have no fear in the afterlife. It is not saying that non-Muslims go to hell-- quite the opposite"

(I love THAT!)

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." S. 2:62

Read on.. Sura 3:45 (Al-Imran) - "The angels said to Mariam (Mary): 'Allah bids you rejoice in a Word from Him. His name is al-Masih (Messiah), Isa the son of Mariam. He shall be noble in this world and in the next, and shall be favored by Allah.'" Sura 3:49 (AI-Imran) - (Jesus is speaking) "I bring you a sign from your Lord. From clay, I will make for you the likeness of a bird. I shall breathe into it and, by Allah's leave, it shall become a living bird. By Allah's leave, I shall give sight to the blind man, heal the leper and raise the dead to life." It is only the Lord Jesus Christ who can do such things and by the Quran's own standard this identifies Jesus as the one with divine power and authority.

Lastly: Sura 5:48 (Al-Maida) - "And to you We have revealed the Book with the truth confirming what was revealed before it in the other Books, and standing as a guardian over it."

Muhommad (PBOH) DID NOT say ANYTHING about Christians or Jews we wrong, and we KNOW that all Religions had the Foundations of Abraham/Abrahim.. Muhommad (PBOH) was ONLY Confirming and Restating for the biggest part the Revelations that had come before.

THAT's what did it for me bro...

Some people can TWIST the truth, spin it with half truths and explainations.. but if you read it with your heart, and do your HISTORY about ISLAM (I mean all the way back From his first wife, to the "cleaning of the Kaba" (One God and One God Only theme continues... it seems pretty clear to me what the truth is, alhamdulillah.

Sallam Bro...

They convert to Islam because Allah has guided them To the right path..Alhamdulilah

i am a born muslimah.. but my mom wasnt and alhamdulillah, she was adopted into a muslim family since she was a baby and was brought up in muslimah way of life..

• Smiley

Because I read the Quran and found no flaw in it.

ill answer this later, i promise...too preoccupied right now...plus i have to think of how to phrase my answer =)

also right now i have to bake cookies for my nutrition/food science class! but inshallah i will answer later, k? =)

im a born muslimah alhamdulilah

but lol i like this question