Sad Valentine's day?

I am in a relationship, but my boyfriend isn't going to do anything for Valentine's day. Last year he got me carnations (yuck), because he thought they were roses. I'm sad because he doesn't really have a lot of money and it's just a bummer. I'm also dreading going to work because I work... show more I am in a relationship, but my boyfriend isn't going to do anything for Valentine's day. Last year he got me carnations (yuck), because he thought they were roses. I'm sad because he doesn't really have a lot of money and it's just a bummer. I'm also dreading going to work because I work with all girls who I know will have gotten all this jewelry and roses and all the crap from their boyfriends. I hate Valentine's day!! :(
Update: It isn't that I am materialistic, it's just the fact that he doesn't want to show me he cares in any way shape or form. I would be soo happy with just a big hug and kiss and all that- but instead I have to see all the other b!tches flaunt their crap. It just makes me feel that much worse.