Would you allow a 3 year old boy to play with an electric typewriter?

As in....a real one? Under supervision, of course.

I am/was the 3 year old boy in this question....in 1980-81. I was just reminded of this a couple of days ago.

Best Answer

Well sure! See how that benefitted you now? You are the Question King-Dude and I am sure we can trace that directly back to 1980.

Besides, I bet you were darn cute when you "typed"!

(((helloworld)))

Sure. It can't hurt, as long as you're watching him. I let my 2 year old type on the computer. I'll be the electric typewriter with the actual piece of paper coming out of it would be even more exciting. Just make sure he knows not to play with it when you're not around, or he might find it and start playing on his own.

I would certainly let a 3 year old boy play with a typewriter. What a sweet memory!!! It sounds like you and the person who let you play with the typewriter were both lucky. :)

• talton

To be honest with you. confident, i think of a 6 12 months previous boy ought to be allowed to play Halo 3. I even have somewhat brother that each physique started enjoying halo 2 whilst he develop into 3 years previous. He has no longer shown any genuine existence hardcore violence or cussing or something. maximum folk get to excited some interest using fact it has killing and cuss words in it, yet you have have been given to bear in techniques its purely a interest. additionally now i be attentive to lots of lil tykes that play Halo 3 and call of accountability and stuff. they are in simple terms being boys. there is no longer something incorrect with that. even inspite of the shown fact that if the youngster starts to talk approximately wanting to kill human beings and stuff maybe you need to tell him its no longer suitable to assert that stuff in genuine existence, yet in a interest its o.k.. it isn't any longer even genuine.

Yes.

Of course, I was the idiot kid that would stick things in electrical outlets. One time (I was about 5, I guess) my cousins talked me into peeing on the fence wire on my uncle's farm. Of course the wee gits didn't tell me it was electrified....

So yes, typewriters are pretty much safe for a kid (and you!).

of course i would!under supervision though,you'd be surprised at how grown up kids can be when they are allowed to touch with grown-up things like typewrites and such!

Only under supervision.

yeah, of course! I used to play with one when I was that age <3

Yes, and I did....

and

I also allowed the boys to bang out emails to family and friends before they could write or spell....

They would talk out what they were say...

and

I would add a translation at the bottom of the email...

=)

Peace.

Perhaps someone had visions of you being the next Tom Brokaw or Dan Rather or something like that.